Zombie Girl IV. Where the bodies are (Part 1)

Seven year old (Name) walked in step with Zack as he led her to his friend's house with a bounce in his step.

  "Don't worry he'll love you! He may look all menacing and mean but really he's just a big gorilla," Zack grinned trying to get a laugh out of you. It didn't work. You weren't so good with other people or even socialising for that matter. 

Zack didn't bother to knock as he charged into his friend's home with a proud grin. "Hey gorilla! (Name)'s here I've finally brought her over like I promised!" Zack yelled. 

   "Z-Zack you really shouldn't barge into people's homes regardless if they're your friend's or not." You scoulded lightly. He sent you a sheepish grin, silently apologising. 

   “She’s exactly right puppy. You have no manners at all.” Angeal scowled stomping down the stairs. He was momentarily swept up by your appearance, the innocent beauty your features held and your delicate looking frame.

Without realising his cheeks tinted pink ever so slightly as he caught himself staring for too long. You stood closer behind Zack as a small blush claimed your cheeks. Angeal was fairly handsome and though his frame and figure was similar to what Zack had described you couldn’t help but disagree and think he was quite handsome and well built.

The brunette gave you a kind smile in which you returned. Maybe you could get along with someone other than just Zack…

The humid stuffy air punched Zack right in the face as he stepped out of the truck. The smell of death filled his nose making him scrunch his face up into a foul scowl. It was as if the other side of the city was a completely different dimension. Even the sky wasn’t right. Crows came in big black thunder clouds, almost eclipsing the sun.

     "Zack, I hate to bring this up but, what happened to..." Angeal couldn't finish for he knew it would bring Zack's mood down lower than it already was.

 Zack paused in mid step looking at the sight before him. A graveyard. A shiver ran down his spine and he swallowed thickly. Why? Why did it have to be a graveyard of all things?

“D-do we have to go through there?” Zack asked. Angeal rolled his eyes and shoved his friend forward rather roughly.

“Get moving you puppy.” He sighed. 

The two stalked cautiously towards the silence of the graveyard. Zack's fear remained solid as he stepped through the gates and entered, Angeal in tow. There was an eerie silence. It was too quiet and as they both advanced further, Angeal felt the rise of something awful creeping up in his gut. Something bad was about to confront them. 

Zack tripped causing him to plummet into the mud face first. Fear crippled him as he turned to see what had caused him to fall.

A hand. A single pale muddy hand stuck out from the earth and gripped onto his ankle. Zack managed to stifle his scream and struggled to break free of its grip but his attempts were in vain. He couldn’t call out to Angeal for if he made any noise it could attract more unwanted undead. The ravenette reached for his weapon that he had dropped as he was tripped. His heart dropped when he realised that it was too far away for his to reach. He kicked and kicked as silently as he could but nothing was weakening the hand’s iron grip.