Zombie Girl XVII. Friends in other places

"C'mon Noct, we're almost there. You've got to keep going!"

The blonde, Ventus, staggered with the weight of the dark haired male he was carrying. Noctis' arm was draped over Ventus' shoulder like a limp doll as he struggled with his hoarse breathing from exhausted lungs and limbs.

Noctis was injured, badly, with a deep slash to the side of his abdomen and a steel pole that had impaled his shoulder during a fall. Ventus wasn't faring well himself, but his woulds were minor compared to his friend's.

Bodies littered the empty cracked roads as they stumbled through away from danger. The painful cries and groans of the undead, trailing after them at a slower pace. Not far in front of them Prompto kept a look out, making sure the way they were heading was clear.

They were desperately looking for a place to rest and search for supplies and medical equipment. Prompto had suggested the hospital but Noctis had shot him down straight away, mentioning that the hospital would be a place where there would be a higher density of undead. So, the school it was. There would be medical supplies there, and a rooftop to call for help.

"You're so lucky you haven't been bitten yet." Prompto muttered as he pressed onto the oozing gashes to stop the bleeding once they had found the school's infirmary and barred themselves in.

Their weapons lay discarded not to far from them, bloody and dirt ridden. The three were relieved to finally take a break.

"We have to go back for Gladio and Cor. They may still be alive!" Ventus stressed sweat layering his forehead and neck from supporting Noctis all that way. The other two remained silent, Prompto grimacing and Noct shaking his head in denial. The chances of that were slim. Very slim, and as much Prompto knew he and Noctis would do anything for their friends, Prompto couldn't risk the young prince's safety. 

"I know who we can contact. They can help us, they're my friends." Ventus wheezed through his winded lungs. Prompto paused his cleansing of Noctis' wounds and dressing them.

The two perked up and looked up at Ventus, hope glimmering in their eyes. "Who?" 

Ventus held up his wrist, the one that held an odd looking black bracelet, as he showed it to the others.

"Avalanche." 

It had been another sleepless night there at Seventh Heaven. You had returned to your room that evening, barred and locked your door and not slept, in fear of losing your mind and going after the people who had cared for you and looked after you. 

You knew sleep wouldn't find you. You were too panicked about what could happen if you were to fall asleep. Nothing may not have happened the last night but you couldn't be sure as to what would happen this time.

You could only pace, your mind centred on the mindless killing machine you would become in the night.

This was bad. You couldn't hurt these people, they had been kind to you. Offered food and shelter to a stranger, someone they didn't even know and let you in to their safe place.

It was strange to you, how seemingly nothing had happened through the night. Why weren't there bodies and flesh and blood strewn over the floor? Why weren't your hands covered in red liquid? As nice as it was in 7th Heaven (the bar owned by a lady you met earlier called Tifa) you had to figure out what was going on before letting anyone get hurt.