V Ethan

His eyes filled with joy and a slight smile started to play on his lips. I, however, started to seethe with anger while recalling how long ago that was and how I gave him the one-hundred and one ways he could contact me. I slapped him across the face, no longer being able to control my self.

        "What the hell was that for?" He asked as he reached his hand up to his cheek. I looked at the red mark that my hand left imprinted on his face, and grinned to myself mentally in amusement. Good job Kris, good job.

        "I gave you ten million ways to contact me and you never did!" I yelled. The shatter dome got quieter, probably to hear what i was yelling about. My sight got slightly blurry as i became teary eyed. I thought he was dead. Dead! I mean how hard is it to contact a friend to tell her you're not dead.

        "Kris, I couldn't. They wouldn't let me."

        "Who wouldn't let you?"

        "Pentecost wouldn't let me." I widened my eyes and got quiter.

        "Oh." He nodded his head and took my hand in his. "I didn't know."

        "I can see that," he laughed.

        We started talking about how life has been and caught up with eachother while rembering old times. When I got to the day my parents died I started to tear up. He apologized for my loss and hugged me friendily and comfortingly as we walked around the shatter dome. Around lunch time, we started heading towards the Mess hall. When we arrive, I immediatley make eye contact with Chuck. He looks furious then I remember that Ethan is still holding my hand, so I slowly pull it away. He looks at me confused but I don't really know what to say. We get in line for the food and keep talking. We finally reached the front of the line and paid for our food.

        "So, Kris, do you want to eat lunch with me or..." Ethan says to me. I blush a bit for no reason becuase I know that it's only a friendly gesture. Do I like Ethan? No! You can't! You only just met him... again, my conscience yells at me.

        "Can't, have to go talk to my SO before he gets really pissed off," I laugh, but feel guilty for rejecting him.

        "SO? And by the looks of it he already is."

        "True, and "SO" stands for "Supervising Officer". Do you guys not have that here?"

        "Um, no, I don't think so..."

        "oh, okay then... Well I should go before Chuck explodes" I laughed.

        "Alright see ya," he said sadly.

        "Later," I said and gave him a light, friendly kiss on the cheek since my hands were holding my tray of food. Please don't kill me/him/us, I thought as I could feel Chuck's furious glare on me. After a moment of standing there awkwardly I smiled friendily and made my way over to Chuck's table. He scowled at me and I looked down at the tray of foood infront of me. I sat next to Herc and poked at my food.

        "Why were you talking to him?" Chuck asked furiously, I didn't answer and kept poking at my food. "Oi, why were you talking to him?" Chuck sharply saidd.

        "Try another approach you damn idiot," Herc growled at chuck for me. A small smile made its way onto my lips as I heard Chuck scoff. "Oi, another one of those and you won't be my co-pilot."

        "Then who will it be?" I asked him curiosly

        "Probably you, you have guts. And you are just like chuck, but not ill tempered and more feminine." He said and I laughed at him. "It would be fun to not have a girl in a boy's body that is always going through puberty." He said and laughed even more and finally looked up to see a red Chuck and a grining Herc.

        "Oi, I'm right here!" Check yelled.

        "Now I see what you are talking about," I grinned. Herc and I kept laughing while chuck just sat silently. "He also says 'oi' a lot..."

        "Do not!" He said, clearly offended. I slightly tilted my head to the side and raised one of my eyebrows. "I don't, now why were you talking to him?"

        "Becuase we met five years ago, and i thought he died in a kaiju attack. Gosh, calm down we were just talking," I groaned in annoyance. I was already seething, about to blow up.

        "Yeah, becuase kissing and holding hands is just talking." Thats it Chuck, you asked for it,

        "HE WAS SHOWING ME AROUND THE GOD DAMN SHATTER DOME, WHICH YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER TO DO! HE WAS HOLDING MY HAND bECUASE HE DIDN'T WANT ME TO GET LEFT BEHIND INCASE I STOPPED TO STARE AT SOMETHING. AND I WOULD HAVE GIVEN HIM A FRIENDLY HUG IF WE DIDN'T HAVE OUR DAMN FOOD TRAYS!" I yelled at him. I exploded in his face and he looked hurt.I imediately regretted it and got up and left.

        I threw away the food and put the tray back before wandering off to my room, like the instructions Ethan had given me. I struggle to pull the door open, but when I do manage to get it open i look around my room. A bed near the wall, a closet, my suitcases, and a bedside table. I easily push the door closed. It's easier to close than to open...

        I open my bag and start rumaging around for my pictures. When i find them i see that the glass is cracked, so i take it out carefully. I place it on the bedside table and put away the rest of my stuff, shoving my bags under the bed. I walk to my door and see Chuck walk into his room after stealing a glance at my door, which is apparently accross from his, and i sink down I finally let tears escape my eyes that i have been holding in for a while. Why am I so stupid? I asked myslef as i cried, holding my knees.

        After a bit, I started to feel better, but I was still sniffling a bit. I looked out the peep hole one more time expecting there to only be people walking by, but instead Chuck was about to knock on my door. He had one hand behind his back, as if he was hiding something. I sat on my bed waiting until it finally happened. "Kris, Are you threre?" came his voice from the other side of the door as he lightly knocked.

        I pulled myself up from the bed and trudged over to the door. I slowly pulled it open a bit so I was able to lean against the door frame. "What do you want?" I asked harsher than I intended, although I was over joyed that he was here. His eyes showed hurt and my chest ached a bit from guilt.

        "For you not to be mad at me," He said. He had on this cute little puppy dog look that I couldn't refuse. He pulled out a rose fromm behind his back and got on one knee and held it up for me. "For you my fair lady. I cannot deny my strong feelings for you even though we have only met merely hours ago. I regret making you mad and i only ever wish to see you happy or in a jaeger beside me." He laughed at himself. "Be mine?"

        I gasped and didn't know what to say, but he is trying hard. "Yes," I say nodding my head and kneeling down and hugging him. I kissed his cheek lightly. What is the harm in giving him a chance?