The day before.

*Alice's birthday is tomorrow*
It was a Friday evening, Betty had just gone to Pop's with Jughead and Polly was at the farm. And Hal, thankfully, was in a cell. Alice was once again, at home. Alone. She sat at her dining room table with a glass of wine, she was swirling the red liquid round and round asking herself what she could be doing. She could've been out with some friends, or watched a movie, but no. Alice just watched her life go down the drain.

Suddenly, a buzz came from her phone, she had received a text. And it was from FP. A man Alice least expected a text from. The text read, 'Hey Ali, I was wondering if we could catch up some time. I haven't seen you in a while, and I want to talk. It's ok if you don't want to. X'  Alice was surprised he actually wanted to talk to her, and she smiled when she read the 'X' at the end of the message. Alice still had feelings for FP, many feelings. But what she didn't know was that FP also had feelings for her too! She replied with, 'Actually, that sounds like a good idea. Maybe you could come to mine in 15 minutes? X'
Alice wished he could be here in 2 minutes, but she had to look the part. So she quickly ran up the stairs to her bedroom, she opened her closet and rummaged through the mound of clothes. She needed to wear something a bit different. After all, she was seeing her crush of 21 years! She pulled out a snake skin blouse and a tight navy blue skirt and put them on. Then she unbuttoned a couple of the buttons from her blouse, just revealing her cleavage. She then put on a dark, red lipstick and smudged her lips together. She walked to the full length mirror and was pleased with herself. She liked the way she looked, and she hoped FP would too!

FP would be here in around 5 minutes, so Alice did a quick cleaning spree, and made sure the cushions on the sofa were all neat, and that the empty wine glass was in the dishwasher. She looked down at her watch and waited. FP would be here any minute.

Then there was a knock at the door, a big smile grew on Alice's face as she walked to the door. It was none other than FP. Alice ushered him in, staring at his beautiful, brown eyes. He was carrying a card and a small box with a bow on it.  The two of them stood there for a minute just gazing into each other's eyes. When FP broke the silence, 'I wanted to give you this for tomorrow, just a little something'
'Oh thank you, you didn't have to.' Alice replied. Alice took the card and the box and said  'Do you mind if I open them now? I've had a pretty rubbish day. And I need cheering up.'
'Um...err... yeah, go ahead.' FP was a little shaky because he didn't know if they felt the same way about each other. Alice smiled and sat down on the sofa.

She carefully opened the card.  On the front was a red love heart, and the words, 'Happy Birthday, I love you.' Alice looked at FP and have him a smile, she opened the actual card and there was a long paragraph, handwritten by FP, it read:
'Dear Ali,
Happy Birthday, I hope you have the best day as you deserve it. I just wanted to say, I miss you, and you don't have to feel the same way. But I really do miss you Ali, I've missed you for the last 20 years, and I just want to see you and be with you. I was too scared to say this all in person, so I wrote this card (at 3am!) and I got you a little something as well. All because, I think I'm in love with you again; you're just so perfect, so beautiful, so sassy and funny and talented. And any guy would be the luckiest man in the whole entire world just to have you. So again, have a very special birthday Ali.
love FP x'

Hey guys! Sorry this part is a bit long winded, I just wanted to set the scene. The next part is going to be Alice's reaction to the card and a lot more FALICE💘😂 love you guys! - Xx