Birthday Pt.1

*the morning of Alice's birthday*
It was still a little dark outside. And the Cooper-Smiths were still asleep. Jughead has stayed the night so he could help Betty in the morning.
A ringing noise filled the room: Betty's alarm. A groan left Jugs mouth as he tossed over, half asleep. Betty started to wake too, Jug wrapped his arm around his girlfriend and kissed her forehead. "Morning gorgeous," Jug whispered.
"Morning," she replied, "right, let's make this cake." Betty smiled.
They both got up, and Betty went to grab her dressing gown, she wrapped the garment around and pulled the rope. The two of them tip-toed down the stairs, trying not to wake Alice. They got to the kitchen and started to prepare.

50 minutes later the cake was being taken out of the oven, "Ooo, smells good!" Jug said, a little too loudly! "Shushhh, Jug we have to be quiet!" Betty hissed, with a smile.
"Sorry." Jug mouthed to her. Betty put the cake in the side to cool. Now she had to make breakfast: it was pancakes, Alices favourite!
But suddenly there was noise coming from the stairs, footsteps getting louder.
"Morning sweet—" Alice stopped, "Oh Jug, you're here to." Alice said, a little embarrassed as she wasn't looking her best.
"Morning Miss Smith," Jug replied with a big grin.
"Why are you two up so early? It usually takes ages to wake you up!" Alice questioned.
"Oh well Mom it's your birthday! We thought we'd make you pancakes in bed, but you're already here..." Betty said, a little disappointed as her plan hadn't quite worked.
Then she realised the cake was on show, so she awkwardly stood in front of it, trying to hide it.
"Happy Birthday!" Betty and Jug said in unison.
"Well thank you sweetie—and thank you Jug." She didn't really know what to call Jug yet.
They all sat down, as Betty served pancakes. Whilst Jughead outed everyone some orange juice. "So mom, does it feel like your birthday yet?" Betty asked.
"Honey when you're as old as me, you don't really want to think about getting older!" Alice laughed, and then sighed, realising she was a whole year older. "Well, you still get to spend time with family and friends," Jug said. Betty then kicked him under the table as a way of telling him to not say anything about the party.

They finished their breakfast and Betty and Jughead started to clear away the plates glasses. "So what are your plans for today?" Said Betty.
"No, nothing special." Alice replied.
Jug looked over at Betty and smiled.

It was nearly two o'clock, the surprise party would start in an hour. So the kids needed a way to distract Alice so she wouldn't come downstairs for a while. They couldn't think of any excuses to get her out of the house, until Alice game down and said, "I think I'll go to Pop's and treat myself to a vanilla milkshake." Betty and Jug were relieved.
"Okay, how long will you be, because you don't want to be late for——"
"——FOR THE, ERM special dinner, Jug and I are making you." Betty shouted, trying to cover up what he was about to say. Alice looked at the pair oddly.
"Oh really honey, you don't have to make me dinner, but yes I'll be back in like an hour, so three thirty ish?" Alice said.
Once she had left the house, Betty made sure she'd gone before getting out the birthday banners and stuff.

After 30 minutes of party preparations, the whole downstairs look perfect! There were balloons and banners, a table full of snacks, and a lot of presents set out on the coffee table. Betty stood looking over her decorative masterpiece, and she grinned. Jug slowly walked behind her and wrapped her hands around her waist. They both held their hug for a couple seconds before Betty said, "let's go and get changed for the party."
They both ran up the stairs to get changed.

20 minutes later, Betty walked down the stairs, she was dressed in a navy blue miniskirt and a baby pink blouse: her hair was in her classy pony, and she wore a necklace which Jug had given her. Jug was dressed up too: he wore black skinny jeans and his serpent jacket.
The doorbell rang, Betty went to open the door. It was Veronica, Hermione and Hiram. "Hey B," said Veronica, hugging Betty.
"Hey V, come in in. Make yourself feel at home." Betty replied, ushering through to the living room.
Next to arrive were Archie and Fred. Fred came with a little gift bag for Alice.
Family by family, the Cooper-Smith's living room was becoming busier.
Last but not least, FP arrived, late, but he still came. "Dad, you're a bit late," Jug whispered to FP. "Yeah, I know. I had business to take care of." FP replied.
"Well, you don't have time to explain, Alice will be home soon!" Jug said.

The key turned in the door, and the door opened, Alice walked in and——
"SURPRISE!" everyone shouted. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
*to be continued*
Sorry this is very long winded🤣
Tysm for the support on the other chapters!
Byeeee Xx