CHAPTER 1

[CLEMENTINE'S P.O.V]

As the moving van pulled into the drive-through of the new house I looked out of the back seat window and saw all the houses on the street. "You okay, Sweetpea?" asked Lee, My stepdad. "Oh, I'm fine! Just getting used to the town by looking out the window!"I responded, giving a small smile to Lee. He smiled back and nodded before turning his attention to getting the new keys out of his pocket. Soon the van stopped and so I snapped out of staring out of the window and I got the things that were next to me, which was my cap and bag.

"Let's go," Said Lee, as he got out of the car to help the van driver with getting the boxes out of the back. I quickly nodded and opened the door before stepping out and taking a deep breath, Fresh air! I smiled before running to the back of the van."I'll open the door."I said, "okay, sweetpea, here are the keys."Lee responded while trying to not drop a box. I took the keys and went towards the house, I then quickly unlocked the door and looked inside the house, this is a really nice place! even with no things inside yet.

{TIMESKIP 1 HOUR]

All the boxes were moved into what would be the living room, but it looks more like a box castle right now. Lee and I start to hear knocking at the door so we go over and Lee opens the door."Hello!welcome to the town I am your neighbor, My name is Rebecca and this is A.J."I was surprised at all the neighbors that came here to say hello, the van was loud but I didn't think that loud! I looked down and saw a little boy, This is probably A.J, I wave hello and he waves back with a small smile, I look up through the neighbors and I spot a blond girl in the crowd that seemed like she didn't want to be here that much but she seemed to be dragged here by the boy with dreads, the reddish brown haired girl, the mullet guy with a dog and a young boy with a burn on a bit of his face.

"Hi everyone, I'm Lee and this is Clementine, Do you want to come in?" he asked."Oh, that would be lovely, right Kenneth? also, we brought a small dessert as a gift." Said a woman who was standing next to her husband, probably named Kenneth, and their son, who was jumping up and down in excitement. a few minutes later, Some people had to go straight after coming through the door but the people who stayed here were Rebbecca and A.J, Katjaa, her husband Kenny, their son Duck, The blond haired girl, Brody, Tennesee, Louis,  Marlon and the dog, Rosie. I looked over at the blond girl, she hasn't introduced herself yet I go over and sit next to her, once she notices I am there she looks at me slightly surprised before returning to her bored expression."Hey." "...hey." "So, my name is Clementine, what's yours?"I asked looking over at her. "...Violet" she said, looking away still bored."Ahem," Suddenly, Louis came over and said, "Hello, My name is Violet, Nice to meet you!" "Yeah whatever he said."Nice to meet you too?"I was a bit confused at first but I brushed it off."So, Clementine, which school will you be going to?"He asked. "Ah, well the school where Lee will work, which is Ericson's."He smiled, "that's where we go, such a nice coincidence!"I chuckled a bit and smiled, "Yeah, it is."

Lee was talking to Kenny and Katjaa, Rebecca had to go on some errands so she left A.J here and told me to babysit him until she comes back, Duck, A.J and Tenn were playing cops and robbers. So everything was going okay right now!about 2 hours after, Everyone went home, A.J was picked up by his mom, even though he wanted to stay longer, Kenny, Katjaa, and Duck went home and my new friends, Marlon, Louis, Brody, and Tenn, I don't think Violet considered me her friend, but she will probably one day! trusting someone can be hard so I understand that.

{TIMESKIP 2 DAYS}

"wake up sweetpea, it is time to wake up."I rub my eyes and sit up groggily and yawn before stretching."Okay.." Lee smiles before getting out of my room to let me get ready. I get out of my bed and start to get ready by going into the bathroom and taking a quick shower, brushing my teeth and hair and then getting dressed. once I am finished I go downstairs to eat breakfast, yes! scrambled eggs and bacon! I sit down and start to eat, Lee does to and then we are done. We both get our bags and walk out of the house towards the school which is a short walk away. once we arrive, Lee goes to his class and I go to my first class. Once I look in the classroom, I notice I recognize Louis, Brody, Marlon, and Violet, I quickly enter and  take a random seat, which is surprisingly beside Violet, I look over at her and wave a bit and smile, she looks over and then just waves hello back while her hood is up before returning to drawing on her desk, That is progress!

[VIOLET'S P.O.V]

As I wave back to Clementine I kept my hood up to hide my smile, I don't know why I started to smile when I saw her smile, I guess contagious smiles exist? Louis, Who sits in front of me somehow spotted me smiling and threw a note at me while Clementine wasn't looking, I caught the note and unraveled it, 'DO YOU LIKE HER????????- Louis' My face goes completely red and I glare at him and he quickly mouths sorry, having a small nervous smile on his face. That isn't even possible, I don't know her well even! it wouldn't make sense to like her so fast...

{TIMESKIP TO LUNCH}

As I was walking over to the usual table I sit at, Brody, Marlon, Louis, Omar, Ruby, Mitch, Aasim, Willy and Tenn were sitting with Clementine, well shit, Louis will probably annoy me about the question on the note... but I will sit there anyway and ignore the question."So, how about we play a game? If Clementine wins, she asks someone a question, If any of us win, we ask Clementine."Louis asked, getting his deck of cards out. everyone agreed, after a bit, I won, "So... Clementine..." I tried to think of a good question that wasn't too intrusive."What's your favorite color?" "Awe! come on Vi we know you want to know more~" Louis joked while wrapping an arm around Marlon."Right, Marlon?" Marlon chuckled a bit."Yeah."

"Well, what a person's favorite color is  technically a good question."Said Clementine. Huh, I guess she is okay, "So, what is it?"I asked again. "Orange," She said with a small smile, I feel my cheeks heat up slightly and my heart beat faster as I looked at her smile, "O-Oh okay, great fantastic..."I pull up my hood and slowly eat the crappy sandwich I got for lunch, maybe Louis was right...?