CHAPTER 4

[CLEMENTINE'S P.O.V]

I wake up and rub my eyes a bit before look in front of me, My face goes completely red once I realize that I was being held closely by a sleeping Violet, I look at her face as she softly snores, Maybe it isn't bad to think she's cute...? my heart started to beat fast... I try and get my phone to check the time but it is out of reach, I decide to wake up Violet, I gently poke her cheek, "Vi...Wake up..." I say, Violet slightly wakes up, and once she sees me being so close to her, her face goes completely red and she quickly let's go, I chuckle a bit, "morning," I say quietly, She sits up and groggily mumbles, "Morning..." I sit up and grab my phone to check the time, "Huh, Seven, Well, I'm gonna get ready, I'll Be right back!"I get out of the bed and go to my closet. I pick out some clothes and then quickly go and get my cap before heading into the bathroom and doing the usual, Shower, brush teeth, brush hair and get dressed, Once I was finished I walked out of the bathroom and saw Violet sitting on the edge of the bed, "Can I use your bathroom for a sec?"She asks. I nod a bit and she then goes into the bathroom and soon she came out ready to go. "Let's go eat breakfast," I say, before quickly going out of my room and down the stairs into the kitchen, Violet quickly follows behind.

"Oh, good morning Sweetpea- Oh hello Violet."Lee was downstairs and he had just finished breakfast, "Hi Mr. Everett..."She awkwardly mumbled before sitting down, I also sat down straight after her, "Good morning Lee!"I said, smiling. "We have pancakes today, so here, I luckily made extra so here you go Violet, "Lee says, Putting the plates of breakfast on the table in our spaces and his space, "Thanks," Violet says quietly before starting to eat, "Yeah, Thanks, Lee!"I say happily before eating the breakfast, soon we were all done eating and I go and grab my bag and Violets bag, Lee already had his bag ready and so he quietly waiting at the front door. I quickly go to the front door and Violet then also goes and so we then all head to the school. Violet looks over at me and she realizes that I was still carrying her bag, though it wasn't a problem."You know I can carry my own bag right, you don't have to."She mentions, I chuckle a bit, "Yeah, but it isn't a big deal," I respond, having a small smile on my face, I notice a slightly surprised look on Violet's face, which for some reason turned really red, "Uh-Okay..."She mumbles quietly looking away, having her hands in her pockets.

Soon we all arrive  and Lee goes to do whatever he has to do and Violet and I go to our first class and sit in our usual seats, "So, Vi, Do you think I'll get a note from the secret admirer again?"I ask. she pauses for a second as if she remembers something and then she chuckles a bit awkwardly."Oh, probably not...that would be creepy..." I am a bit curious on why she acted unusually for a second there but I brush it off quietly, I shouldn't bother her about it. "One sec... Got to go to the bathroom," She says quietly, getting out of her seat and running out of the class and to what I think is the bathroom. After a few minutes, she came back and then sat in her usual seat next to me, "Sorry about that..."She says, looking down a bit while scratching the back of her head, "It's fine, I didn't mind!"I say with a small smile, I notice her starting to stare a bit at my face, her face turning really red, but she spaces out, I chuckle a bit, "Vi? You okay?"I ask, she suddenly snaps out of her trance and mumbles a quick 'yeah' before looking away.

{TIMESKIP TO LUNCH}

Class passed pretty quickly, so that was nice, Me and Violet walked down the hallway but I stopped when I noticed Violet stopped walking and was texting something on her phone. "What are you doing Vi?"I asked curiously, She looked up from her phone at me and responded with, "Oh, I'm just texting Louis and the others, I just thought that maybe you can know the secret hideout, " I was confused. the secret hideout? Where is that? "So, do you want to go eat lunch there with everyone?" Violet asked, I smiled and nodded, "Sure!" She smiled a bit, "Okay, follow me," She said before starting to head to the 'secret hideout' and I obviously followed. Soon we arrived at a place behind the school that had a bunch of tables and benches there, Violet went to a table and placed her phone on the table, I sat down next to her and looked around, Louis and everyone else is here surprisingly, Louis smiles widely, "So, why did you come to school together? that doesn't happen unless-" Violet stops Louis from continuing, "NO-" Her face is completely red, Louis laughs, "Unless what?" I ask. Louis answers, "Oh well you two might have slept at the others house, and-" "Stop-"Violet said glaring at Louis Louis chuckled nervously and stopped. "Well, Vi- "Violet looks at me, quietly just hoping that I don't say what actually happened. "-and I planned to meet up and walk to school together!"I say, chuckling, Violet notices how I changed the topic and quietly smiled, "Thanks..."She whispered to me, "No problem," I whisper back."Well, you guys should eat your lunches now or else you won't have enough time to eat the lunches."Omar mentions."Yeah," Violet says before realizing she didn't have lunch, "Shit..." I look at my lunch and I put it between us, "We can share," "No, it's fine I can last a lunch without eating, I have done it befo-"  I took my two sandwiches and put one in her mouth, "You have to eat, I don't want you to starve."I say, taking a bite out of my sandwich, she pauses for a second before taking a bit of the sandwich, "Thanks..." She says, looking away as she smiles a bit, though I notice, she does have a really cute smile... why is my heart beating so fast right now...?

{TIMESKIP TO LEE'S HISTORY CLASS}

As I walk into class I notice another note, I quickly go over and open it, ' Hi Clementine, I hope you have a great day in class! I decided to give you a hint about who I am, I am one of your friends, at least I think you consider me a friend, - from, V.' I paused for a bit, A friend? I really don't know who it could be, This friend is really good at hiding their feelings... Wait-It can't be her right?- Yeah, the secret admirer's name might be something with V but... It actually might be her... Is the secret admirer Violet...? My heart started to beat fast and my face got red as I thought about it more and more, maybe all those times her face got red she wasn't actually cold, "Sweetpea? are you okay?"Lee suddenly asks, walking over, "OH- I'm... confused right now..." I respond, "With what?" I paused for a moment before saying, " well, whenever I am around this person, my heart beats fast, my face gets all red, and I keep on staring at them... like at their pretty eyes, cute smile, their weird but funny jokes... and now I think they have been sending me love notes?" Lee looks surprised, but he chuckles a bit, "Well, Sweetpea you have a crush on the sender."I paused and thought a bit,  I didn't think I liked Violet more than a friend, but as I think of it more and more... when we moved here, she was the first person I noticed, And I like to see her smile and be happy...Okay, Lee may be right, Maybe I do like Violet..."Who is it?"Lee asks, My face goes completely red, "U-uh- What if I said it was Violet?-" Lee smiled a bit."Well, I am okay with her as long as you are happy, Violet is also a good kid," I stared at Lee for a second before smiling and giving him a hug."Thanks, Lee," he hugs back, "No problem sweetpea."

A/N

WELP- IT IS HERE- This took longer than expected to write but school is literal hell and also family problems- I will try and upload chapter 5 soon, It is almost Friday so yEP-