Chapter 12

"I broke it off thinking you'd be fine, but now I feel sick looking at you crying, I want us back.

Yeah, I want us back."

Want you back - Boyce Avenue (cover)

"Michael, my stomach is starting to hurt, I don't think I can do this."

"Aren't you the one who said you didn't want to leave him or whatever?"

"Yeah, I know, it's just... Fuck I need a cigarette. What am I even supposed to say to him? 'I'm sorry you hit me and I'm a pest. Won't happen again'. You're right this is a bad idea."

Michael sighed, "When did I say that this is a bad idea? Exactly. Now get out of my house and go talk to Ashton."

With that Michael shoved Luke out the front door and shut it, with best intentions of course. So Luke had no choice but to leave.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out his (almost empty) cigarette pack. He lit it, then made his way to Ashton's.

-

This was not supposed to happen, was all Ashton could in his spaced out mind. But only because it wasn't. He wasn't supposed to like Luke and fall for the damn boy. It's inappropriate and he could get arrested because Luke isn't even 18 yet. But then he sees Luke and he's breathless and all he wants to do is be there in that moment and have Luke in his arms and just be there for Luke.

He finally cleaned his house, hoping Luke would come back. He took his medicine and took a shower just hoping that Luke would come back.

Finally in midst of scrubbing the stove for the twelfth time, he heard a small cough behind him. He turned around to see a very tired looking Luke standing there.

Ashton smiled, but didn't say anything. Just took a nice, deep breathe and thought of how to express the combination of all these feelings in his stomach.

Suddenly Ashton's arms are wrapped around Luke's neck with his head in his shoulder.

"You're back," Ashton mumbled.

"Woah there," Luke mumbled, but he hugged Ashton back anyways.

Suddenly, the moment wasn't as awkward as Luke thought'd be.

"I'm so sorry, Luke. I swear to God that that will never happen again. I-I'm gonna take my medicine every single day and I'm gonna visit my mom and I'm never gonna hit you again. That was the biggest mistake of my life. I promise I-"

"Ashton," Luke chuckled. "I get it. And I except your apology. Just please quit mentioning it, besides I've got a couple things that I need to tell you."

"Shoot," Ashton said, still hanging onto Luke's neck.

"First of all, I got a job at Razorsharp and I start tomorrow after school."

"That's great! What else?"

"This one is kind of a big deal..." Right then, Ashton looked into Luke's eyes and it was almost impossible to say what he was going to say. "Michael knows... About us."

"What do you mean? How does he know? Did you tell him?"

Luke shook his head, "No I didn't tell him; he said that he has a friend who lives down the road and he saw me leave from here. I went over to his place last night to talk to him and-"

"Did you tell him about... What I did?"

Luke swallowed thickly and nodded, "Yeah. Yeah I did. He was mad, but kind of more at me than you. He did want to kick your ass, though."

"I'm so glad you came back."

Luke smiled,"Me too."

-

After school Luke gave Ashton quick kiss goodbye and left for his new job. Razorsharp, was in big red signs above the building. From the front all you could see was the track (where the cars are clean on the outside) and a spot for oil changes. In the back, where Luke is positioned, are the vacuums. Multiple hoses hung from the ceiling, making loud suction noises.

He was immediately met with a very old man, "You must be Luke, my new recruit."

"Yes sir," Luke said respectfully. "Nice to meet you."

"Pleasure's all mine. Now let me lay down the rules; first off, I don't want to see your cell phone out. You can use it on break but other than that please keep it in your pocket."

Luke nodded understandingly.

"You get two half-hour breaks of whatever time you choose and you get off at five. I expect the best of you. Now back there is Pam, she'll be showing you tips and such for vacuuming the floors and cleaning the mats."

Pam was a fairly ugly woman. Her teeth were crooked and yellow, her lips were pale and scabby. Her hair was blonde and oily and Luke can only imagine the amount of drugs she does. And don't even get Luke started on her breath.

Pam showed him the specific ways on how to clean the inside of a car, which really wasn't that hard. She also told him that it's okay to take floor board change because "if they wanted it they would have kept it.".

On his brakes he texted Ashton and told him all about it. He said that he still hasn't met everyone, but he's slowly being introduced.

The nicest person he met so far was Rusty. A tall man, probably mid-to-late twenties with a slight beard and swooped brown hair. He worked at the oil station and drove a motorcycle to work every day.

When the day was over Luke was payed 60 dollars up front, which is different than what he expected but he liked it.

Luke said his goodbyes to everyone that he met and thanked David, the boss, one last time for giving him the job.

As soon as he got into his car his phone began to ring. It was an unknown number, but Luke answered anyways.

"Hello?"

"Luke," the woman said. Well, she wasn't just a woman because Luke can recognize her slurred voice.

"Mom, what do you want."

Without hesitation she said,

"You're coming home tonight."

~
Goal:35 comments

(A/N)

Check this shit out, I know that this update is late but I need to rant to you guys.

So I'm in the marching band and I freaking hate everyone in it. First off, there's about seven cool people in band that's not a complete nerd and I'm one of them (I know it sounds conceded but whatever). AND EVERYONE KEEPS STEALING MY STUFF. DON'T JOIN THE MARCHING BAND BECAUSE YOUR STUFF WILL GO MISSING A LOT. This is like the third time something of mine has been stolen.

On top of that, we had to go to contest today and that's about 3 1/2 from where I live. I'm not getting home until 1AM. this sucks.

Don't join the marching band.

Join if you play Pokemon because everyone plays Pokemon in the marching band.

And if you play Mario. Basically most nintendo games.

We're freaking dorks.

I love you guys, and march on.

5,6,7 push.

- I THOUGHT THIS WAS PUBLISHED SATURDAY BUT IT'S FREAKING TUESDAY I'M SORRY

-Apparently some people took offense to what a said about the marching band, however notice I said "we're dorks" and "march on". I know I complained and shit but I was mad. Marching band is not bad unless you aren't committed. I'm not committed therefore I don't like it and will not proceed in marching next year. Join if you want because it has many perks. Thanks. Bye.