Poetic .4

Kendrick

The next morning i thought of was Luna and how Jay ruined my conversation with her last night. I shook my head and got up remembering i was suppose to pick her up this morning. I smiled excited to see her. Whoa. I haven't felt like this in a while.. I got ready and went to my truck speeding off to her house.

I reached her apartment and got out walking up the stairs leading to her door. I knocked and waited. A girl opened the door, looking a little groggy and rubbing her eye. "Yeah?" I switched my eyes back and forth wondering if she noticed me. "Uh, yeah is Luna here?" I asked. She opened her eyes more and took a good look at me, her eyes widened. "Oh my god.." I rubbed the back of my neck. "Shit, you're Kendrick, i didn't expect to meet you, or at least not like this. Yeah she's home, you wanna come in?" I nodded and walked in, she closed the door behind me. "She's still asleep, i'll wake her." I sat on the couch and looked around their house, it was spacey and pretty nice. In the distance i could hear the girl waking up Luna. "Girl wake yo bitch ass up." The bed squeaked. "Kendrick's here." "WHAT?!" I heard a laugh. There was some ruffling and i heard the pitter patter of footsteps running through the room. "He's in the living room, hurry up." Her friend said and walked back out to me. "So.. You good friend's with J.Cole right?" She asked. "SARI DO NOT ASK FOR A HOOK UP!" I heard Luna yell. Her friend, Sari rolled her eyes and walked away. "I'm going back to bed! Nice to meet you Mr. Lamar.." She said and walked into her room. Minutes later Luna came walking out. I smiled when i saw her. "Hey.." She said shyly. I stood up with the smile still on my face. "Hey beautiful.." I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her close giving her a hug. "Let's go." I said. "I'll be back Sari! Don't burn the house down!" She turned around and yelled. I chuckled a bit as we left.

"Well i know you haven't had breakfast.." I said. "Nope.. Did you?" I smiled. "Nope." She smiled. "Well i guess were both hungry then huh?" She said. "Yup." I tried not to laugh. She broke out into laughter first causing me to follow right behind her, we sat there laughing while i tried to search for a Denny's. She rested her hand on my free one as i drove, sending a little shock through me, i smiled to myself as i glanced down at how her small soft hand rested on mine.

Me and Luna sat down at a booth in the back of course to avoid any unwanted attention. She picked up a bottle of syrup and started a waterfall pouring it over everything on her plate. I smiled at how cute she was.. "Just drowning them pancakes.." I muttered. She looked up at me with cute playful eyes. "Shut up." I chuckled. Wow this girl really had me going.. It's crazy. I looked at her as she chewed her eggs. She was so beautiful.. I want her, and i want her to be only mine.. "So i was thinking.. Maybe me and you could go out later tonight?" I asked a little nervous. Wait what? Is she really making me nervous right now? This is ridiculous, I'm really feeling this girl. She looked up at me and smiled. "Um okay, where?" She asked. I smiled. "You'll see.."