•Chapter 13: Sweet Laughter•

***Listen to the song lol

| C h a p t e r  1 3 |

Every person has a song which reminds them of a certain time in their lives.

For me, one of those songs is Colt 45 by Afroman.

I know what you're thinking: Ashley, where is your sanity?

I don't quite know, myself, but I'm chilling.

The song is blasting through my house as I open the party-sized bag of Doritos. With it in one hand, I begin to dance around and scream along to the words of the song.

Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need...

It takes me back to England, where Peter and I would sit in my room and listen to amusing, yet wildly inappropriate songs for hours on end. We would blast them before we went to a party, or if we were bored.

I'm singing the song so loudly that I forget about the rest of my surroundings. If it isn't already obvious, anything that reminds me of my time with Rosie makes me smile. I was homeschooled and finished all my work at my own pace. I was stress-free and constantly travelling, living my best life.

There was no room for teenage jerks who would make me feel terrible; only for supportive people and positive energy.

I shove a handful of Doritos before I get to my favourite verse in the whole song and begin to scream:

I met this lady in Hollywood
She had green hair but damn she looked good
I took her to my house because she was fine
But she whooped out a dick that was bigger than mine

I take a minute to laugh for a second to laugh for a bit before I continue with my terrible scream-singing. At this point, I'm so into the song, I don't even care that I'm jumping and could risk getting sicker.

See I met this woman from Hawaii

Stuck it in her ass and she said "AIEEEE"

Lips was breakfast, pussy was lunch

Then her titties busted open with Hawaiian Punch

I laugh even harder than the first time but I realize that my laughter isn't the only one that's echoing throughout the room.

The smile leaves my face as I'm left face-to-face with a very amused looking Wyatt, sobering up from a hard laugh.

My sickness and hormones catch up to me and frankly, I'm annoyed and somewhat disturbed that he got into my house.

"Why are you here?" I snap.

He lets out a chuckle before holding up a familiar leather pouch up. "You dropped your wallet in my car. I was going to give it back to you at school tomorrow, but I'm glad I decided to swing by now 'cause seeing this was completely worth it."

I grab it from his hand before looking at him expectantly, hoping he'll understand that I want for him to leave. He doesn't catch the hint, however, and grins even wider.

"I didn't think you, innocent Ashley Rose Hollister, had it in you to sing that kind of song."

I roll my eyes at his ignorance. "People change, Wyatt. Now leave my house."

"I bet you don't even know what sex means. Last time I checked-"

I let out a humourless snort and look at him challengingly. "Buddy. Last time you checked, I was a fourteen-year-old virgin."

"And you're not anymore?" he inquires, his jaw slightly clenching.

"What? Fourteen? Well, no," I reply, innocently.

The humour has left his voice. "No. I mean the... other thing."

"A virgin? Nope," I inform him nonchalantly.

He chokes on his spit and coughs for a bit.

"Do you need some water?"

He looks at me, eyes wide. "Uh.. no," he clears his throat, "just... how?"

I roll my eyes. "Well, I lost my virginity when a guy took his penis and put it in-"

"Okay!" He growls, face turning red. He takes a few deep breaths before adding and hesitant, "are you sure?"

The day I lost my virginity began as a harmless one-night-stand but turned into me meeting the friend of a lifetime. It was the day I met Peter.

"Of course I'm sure, Wyatt, now what do you want? More than that, I want to know how the hell you have a key to my house?" I question impatiently.

I raise my eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

"While you were in away, your mom gave my mom a key for in case something happened while she was at work."

"So you stole them from your mother?"

"Yes."

We stand in awkward silence for a bit, until Wyatt's phone goes off. He continues to stare at me.

"Aren't you going to get that?"

He nods and answers.

"Hey dad. Yea fine but- wait what? Why? Alright I'll be there in five."

He call ends and we stand in silence again.

"It was my dad. Apparently my parents want me home now to talk to me about something," he tells me, eyebrows furrowing with worry.

"You should get going then," I state. He nods and walks towards the door.

"Hey, Wyatt?" I interrupt.

"Yeah?"

"If your parents are calling you like that, it must be something big that would affect you... so good luck, I guess."

He replies with a small smile as he walks out.

I let out a snort when I realize that the song had continued playing this whole time. I look the half-eaten bag of Doritos on the floor.

"Don't worry, baby. It's me and you till the end of time," I tell the chips, lovingly. 

******************************************

Author's Note:

Not sure wtf I just wrote, but here you go. 

This is just a short filler chapter (which usually I avoid but I couldn't help it). I'm going to try and make the next ones longer. 

QOTD: 

What's your favourite song at the moment?