•Chapter 16: Sweet Coffee•

| C h a p t e r  1 6 |

Thanksgiving break is officially in full swing. I've just gotten off of school and have come back home to take a long, well deserved nap— I couldn't be more excited for it. Luckily for me, school only ran for a half day today. When I wake up, it's 2:45 p.m. and I decide that I want to get coffee from an adorable nearby coffee shop called Carla's. They always put little hearts next to my name on the cup which makes me happy. I leave the house and lock the door behind me.

I'm extremely excited for tomorrow for several reasons:

Firstly, just the fact that it's Thanksgiving and that I get to shove my face with food. I feel as though that one is self-explanatory.

Next is the fact that this Thanksgiving is going to be 100% Wyatt-free, since his whole family is driving up to San Francisco to visit Camilla's parents. Wyatt hasn't really talked to me at school for a while now. I sometimes go to the Silverstone's house to play with Warren while our parents talk and catch up. Every time I'm over, Wyatt either locks himself in his room or is out with his friends. Talk about déjà vu.

However, all of that is overshadowed by the fact that tomorrow evening, I'm going to see Peter face-to-face for the first time in months. My heart swells with excitement at the simple thought of it.

I walk into the coffee shop with a small smile on my face. Apart from Kelsey, I don't really talk to many people my age. Having Peter here is going to make me feel so much happier.

The line at the coffee shop is extremely long. I use it as an opportunity to think about what I want. As I take a peek at the menu, I feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to face Lincoln and a very annoyed looking Wyatt.

"Um... Can I help you?" I ask Lincoln curiously. I'm still a bit weary about the gym situation.

He visibly brightens. "Yes. I know we don't really talk but I figured, might as well chat up a familiar face because damn, you are a pretty one."

"I don't know. Can you apologize for catcalling me and like... not do that to someone again?".

He scratches his head and his face tinges pink in embarassment. "Yeah. I'm fresh out of a relationship and tried the douche thing for the week after we broke up. It was really shitty and I feel bad."

I raise my eyebrows, pointing a gaze at Wyatt.

"And aren't you already here with someone?"

"He's being boring right now," he whines.

"Shut the fuck up Linc," Wyatt mumbles.

Lincoln walks up next to me. "As you can see, he is being a piece of shit."

This makes me crack a smile. "Point proven."

We spend the rest of the ten minute wait talking about school and our plans for Thanksgiving break. Lincoln is actually funnier than I thought.

"But for real," he interrupts the conversation, "are you still annoyed by me from how I was at the gym?".

"You are a tolerable person, I guess."

"Why thank you, my lady. Accept my apology. I promise thee that I shall never call thy cat again," he curtseys in front of me.

I giggle. Like actually giggle like a little girl. What the hell is it about the way Lincoln talks that makes the guy so charming?

This seems to catch Wyatt's attention. "What's so funny?"

"Oh look! The grump has a voice!" Lincoln snorts.