The Circus ♡

Hey guys well it's been fun but I do hope you have a wonderful rest of the day and also I am gonna make a sequel to this Charles Stratton x shapeshifter! Reader Book 2! So keep your eyes  peeled for anymore updates!

Don't forget me!
————————————

Y/n POV

We then gathered at the damaged done to our burned home. The aura only shown sadness with a hint of anger, I then sat on the same bricks that once held the walls of the building. Everything was in ruin, yet I stood tall not showing the pain that I so dearly wanted to show. Anne was picking up the leftovers of her hoop and Charles holding a stuffed figure of a general. Anne then turns to hug me as Philip smiles then nods in my direction in admiration.

We then all turn as Barnum walked up the pile.

"They said no?" Philip questions looking at Barnum waiting for his answer.

"Unfathomably, repeatedly, I don't think there's a bank in the country I can fool into, loaning me more money so." Stopping for a brief moment, before turning to look at Philip.

"I'm really sorry to disappoint you so." Barnum says continuing on.

"Don't worry Barnum, we got used to it by now." Charles says as everyone starts to chuckle, as Barnum turns.
Philip then trudges over to Barnum, as Barnum turns to look at Philip, Philip then speaks.

"You know Barnum when I first met you I had enough inheritance, claim, an invitation to every party in town."He then sighs before saying.

"And now thanks to you, all that's gone...all that's left is friendship, love, and a work that I adore."As Barnum shows a small smile.

"You brought joy into my life." He breathes out.

"Into all our lives!" I yell out, as I hear a Here! Here! from Daniel.

"Betting the bank will take joy as a collateral." Barnum says with a hint of sarcasm.

"They may not, but I will and 10% of the show. Knowing who I was working for, I had the good sense that my cut weekly." Philip says as he stands tall.

"Philip I can't let you gamble it on me." He says looking confused but astounded.

"Sure you can!" Anne and me say aloud as Lettie joins in saying.

"Don't turn sensible on us now."

"Fifty, fifty." Barnum then smiles wide as Philip nods  as they stare at each other for a weird amount of time. Before Barnum takes his hand and shakes it. Laughter was then shared throughout the crowd.

"Partners." Says a smiling wide Barnum.

"The only thing is I don't know how we're gonna be able to afford a building." Philip says with his hands on his hips, looking puzzled.

Barnum then looks up slightly, then down having a look that read 'idea'.

" Building? We don't need a building, real state Manhattan is a terrible investment. Wait, I can get land down by the docks." He says pointing over in the direction.

"Wait, all we need is a tent." He says with a giant smirk upon his face.

Time skip

(Play song)

"Woah," We sing as we run out in unison behind Barnum in our new home.

"Colossal we come
these renegades in the ring!"

"Woah!"

"Where the lost get found,
And we crown 'em the circus kings."

"Don't fight it
it's comin for you
runnin atcha," As I sing I fly up turning into a phoenix, shooting up like a firework.