CHAPTER- FIFTEEN

After all the hard work and long hours of me and Chris working til dusk to dawn the music is finally out for the world to hear.

The response has been good it's been out for a week and my DM's are flooded with love I've been treading on Twitter #SOLOGANG

and my music has been treading I've gotten so many DM's from celebrities who would like for me to work with them or write for them on their projects.

I owe it all to Chris because without his name attached to my project wouldn't be as successful.

We released it on iTunes and SoundCloud all the major streaming services that would allow independent artists to showcase their music.

We'll have the exact numbers at the end of the week but I don't care about the numbers I'm so glad people are recognizing my talent.

The cover art for my EP is so dope it's a red background with a portrait of my face I wore my hair a lot like Aaliyah did her whole career the signature look with her hair covering one side of her face.

At first I thought people wouldn't like it because I don't want them thinking I'm biting her style but I wrote a record on the project at the very end and it's about Aaliyah and how she inspired me it's a thank you to her.

So people took it as inspiration and didn't think I had bad intentions Aaliyah fans loved it because it's honoring her memory and I didn't know her or got a chance to meet her but she inspired me.

Tonight Chris is throwing a huge party celebrating our hard work and success.

I invited Kelly but she didn't feel up to partying understandably I also invited Jessica she promised she'd be there and Daysha was touring with Keri Hilson.

Chris threw the party at his place I wore a black bralette with cherries stitches on each cup I matched it with a pair of black jeans and red stilettos I topped my look off with a jean jacket.

Once I stepped in the party I was greeted with love and compliments on my music a lot of Chris's industry friends were here.

I saw Omarion I've always been a fan of B2K I felt like a little girl all over again but I didn't wanna act weird around him I gotta act professional.

I spotted Chris in the cut with a group of girls they were in deep conversation until he locked eyes with me his mood shifted he looked happy to see me.

He walked right over to me giving me a hug he looked sexy as hell he wore a orange Black Pyramid sweatsuit.

" You would be the person to be late to your own party" he said.

" you know I told you I was running on colored folks time" I joked.

He chuckled " people wanna meet the person behind the voice it's a lot of top notch producers here tonight impress them" he said.

I liked the fact that he let me be in control he could easily ask being that a lot of these producers have worked with him and they're his friends.

But I need to pull my weight I don't want him handing me everything on a silver platter although my situation is unusual simply because artist like Chris don't take people like me under their wing he's very much still active in music. Most artist aren't this involved as he is he told me it's because he believes in me.

But he isn't getting a whole lot in return but I guess that shows someone's character when their in a position where they don't get anything in return.

The party was a success once everybody left it was just me and Chris chillin on his couch reflecting.

" Aliyah your great everyone loved you I got at least ten producers who would love to work with you on your album including Polo" he said.