CHAPTER- SEVENTEEN

It's been two weeks and I've still yet to receive word from RCA but I hadn't let that stop my hustle. Eric B called me and asked me if I could be apart of a collaboration project he's been working on for quite sometime now.

From what I heard on his album so far it has a different sound I don't want my portion to be a filler I'd like everything to sound cohesive.

But right now I gotta put that on hold I promised Kelly I'd come with her to her OBGYN appointment. So I had to book a later session with E.

Kelly's now seventeen weeks pregnant she's completely out of her first trimester her babies organs are officially growing.

The waiting is what killed me her doctor had so many patients plus she was on call so at any moment we'd have to reschedule an appointment.

Most of the woman here looked really young one girl looked like a baby herself with a huge belly bump she sat alone.

I really felt bad for her I've always had a lot of respect for single mothers because it really takes a village.

That's another reason sex scared me so much is the fear of getting knocked up and I'm a firm believer in not terminating a pregnancy it's just my own personal beliefs to each its own.

I just knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I were to do something like that.

" Kelly Zhou" the nurse called.

We stood up like we won the lottery because we sat for a good two hours Kelly's OBGYN is a young Korean woman she looked to be in her early twenties I could never guess her age she looked so youthful.

I stood beside Kelly while the doctor put the jelly on her little belly moving the wand around to get a good look at the baby.

" baby's doing really good.. baby is in perfect position there's the head you can see the little finger moving around" she said.

I didn't know that the hell I was looking at it looked like a blab to me Kelly looked happy.

" do you wanna know the gender of the baby?" She asked.

I was dying to know but Kelly declined she wanted it to be a surprise.

Once the doctor left she sat up out of nowhere she started crying.

" what's the matter?" I asked.

" I'm scared Aliyah what am I gonna do with a baby? I had my whole life planned, I miss my family I just feel so stupid" she said.

I didn't know how to comfort her all I know is I gotta speak to Kevin all those years together my girl needs some closure how could he do this to her.

I preyed everyday for her healing but I know it's gonna take a lot of time.

" you know I have your back your my sister we'll get though this together my parents basically adopted you we love you and your not gonna be alone this baby is gonna be loved no matter what" I said.

Kelly smiled wiping the tears away " I don't wanna be a burden to you and your family" she said.

" my parents love you your family and you know my grandma lives for babies she's excited she basically told me she's throwing you a shower" I said.

We both laughed my grandma loves organizing events that's her thing especially when it comes to anything baby related.

" Aliyah, I haven't gotten a chance to thank you for all you've done for me.. You know if theirs anything you need I got you" she said.

" now that you mention that I'd love to find out the gender of the baby" I said.

She laughed " anything except that" she said.

We both laughed I guess I spoke too soon leaving the doctors office Kelly was in better spirits, I made dinner of us she feel asleep watching a old Spike Lee movie " She's gotta have it" one of my favorites films.

It's 10:30 at night and I was on my way to meet up with E, once I arrived he looked to be in a great mood.

" Good your here! Now we can finally get this done" he said greeting me with a warm hug.

" yeah, I got the records you sent I know this is your project but I just want you to hear a few minor tweaks" I said.

" alright, let me hear it" he said.

I pulled my phone out and played what I had recorded his face was expressionless he didn't say a word until it was finished.

He nodded his head " get in the booth" he said.

I'm glad that he liked it a lot of artist hate when other artist try to change their vision on a song but I'm singing the words and one thing I can control is what comes out of my mouth because consumers aren't gonna care who written the lyrics all they know is thats Solé.

We did three records together one with us singing together and two that we co-wrote together.

Not only is E a producer but he's a artist as well not a huge artist but he makes some great music.

Once the song was done I stayed while he mixed the records he rolled a blunt passing it to me he was surprised when I took a hit.

" I wasn't expecting that" he laughed.

" what?" I asked.

" I thought you were a good girl" he said.

" I am a good girl I just like to have a little fun sometimes I can't smoke too much it isn't good for my voice" I said.

" I agree, it definitely ruins your voice.. do you remember the first time you smoked? He asked.

I passed the blunt to him and I thought about it for a second " maybe senior year during SAT's I was so stressed out me and a friend decided to go though her dads stash and we got fried" I laughed.

" how did you score?" He asked.

" I got a 1500 and I was baked" I laughed.

" damn, I guess weed is good for the brain" he joked.

He put his hand on my knee I didn't think anything of it I rest my leg off the chair so his hand can fall.

Than he played me the final cut of our record together he rolled another blunt he danced to the music I watched him he took my hand dancing with me it felt so corny.

" this is gonna be a banger" he said.

He moved closer I had to sit down this was beginning to be a little awkward he was definitely coming on to me.

It was my cue to leave " I'm glad and grateful you reached out to me it's getting late I gotta go" I said.

He stood up " you want me to walk you?" He asked.

" it's okay I'll hit you later" I said.

" cool, I know this may sound a little forward but would you like to have dinner with me?" He asked.

Woah!! Now I could reject him and my music may never see the light of day or I could play the game but I couldn't sit and have dinner with another man while I had a man already.. that nobody knows that I'm dating and Chris would kill us both hell no.

" E, your great but I'm actually in a relationship right now I rather not piss my man off" I said.

He threw his hands in the air " I'm sorry I didn't know you were dating anybody but I respect that" he said.

I felt relieved he took it well but now I still felt a sense of stain on our work relationship it could make things weird that I rejected him.

" well, I'll see you soon goodnight" I said.

He waved goodbye to me when I left said a silent prayer that he wouldn't scrap our songs together my career depended on those records.