{19}

--------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BtOY3Wr2LU

--------

When we walked into prom, hand in hand, we got a lot of people staring at us. When I looked at the stage, Kenny's mouth dropped but then he quickly recovered and gave me finger guns. I flipped him off with my free hand. Kenny kept staring at us as he grabbed the microphone.

"I'm in the mood to keep going! Time for a slow dance. Guys find your man and girls find your gal." Kenny announced. Then he turned to the band behind them and they started talking.

Tweek let go of my hand and stood in front of me, "May I have this dance." Tweek put his hand out in offer.

I let a small laugh come out, "Of course."

Tweek put his hand on my waist and I awkwardly put my hands on his shoulder. Tweek automatically took the lead and I'm fine with that but my height makes this really weird.

"This is awkward." I said.

Tweek shrugged, "To be honest, I assumed you don't know how to slow dance."

"Hurtful but you're not wrong."

Tweek laughed, "I'll be on my tippy toes."

Suddenly, the band started to play a slow jazz song.

"Now, I can never achieve the emotion and amazing skills Etta James has with this song but I will try." Kenny announced, "Here is At Last."

The song started up and we started to sway along. I looked around and surprisingly found a lot of people slow dancing along. I was shocked to see Clyde and Bebe dancing together.

"Dude, you suck at this." Tweek said, "Follow me."

Tweek stopped us and then we started to go slow. He would mumble once in a while but it seemed like he was talking to himself. After a bit, it seemed like something clicked in his mind because Tweek shot his head up and then pulled me closer to him.

"It was only awkward cuz you were too far." Tweek said with a slight blush.

We started to sway to the rhythm and I started to see why people liked slow dancing. It was really calming but the only thing that was off was that Tweek's hair was super messy. I must of ruffled it too much. Tweek's birds nest is the thing that caught my eye when we first met.

"Hey, I was meaning to ask you something." I said.

"Hm?"

"What's up with my tattoo?" I asked.

Tweek looked away which threw off our perfect rhythm, "Well, when I was little, I kinda trained myself to always think of something nice about someone when I first see them. So I don't leave a weird tattoo. You know, not something weird like saying their hair was a birds nest."

I couldn't surpass my laugh, "Okay, okay, well I didn't train myself so everything I think is just a mess. But I think your birds nest is really cute."

Tweek looked back at me while smiling, "I think your hair is pretty."

I felt my cheeks burn, "I-I uh, thanks."

Tweek laughed, "You're such a dork."

"I'm a nerd." I corrected.

Tweek laughed even more and I joined him. Everything felt so natural with Tweek. 

The song ended and Tweek pulled away from me but grabbed my hand. We walked together to the punch table.

"It's spiked ya know." I warned.