Chapter 5: Things I Never Noticed

Your Point Of View

We had only just met, but Kokichi asked me a lot of questions. I guess he wanted to dig out any information from me...woah, he's quite clingy too...Not like I haven't  mentioned that. There were some things that I never noticed at this moment though. First of all, I ended up touching his hair out of nowhere, he thinks I'm his servant, probably due to his talent...I don't think he's intimidating. He seems more like a whiny child, if anything. And he wanted to be my friend? Well....I'm not sure if that's what he really meant by "Am I your friend?". Was he being serious? I mean, I don't think so, by how he acts. Lies, lies, lies. Could he be acting like a child only to manipulate me, but still end up trying to act serious somehow, but failing horribly?

Kokichi didn't want to leave me alone. Even the slightest amount of contact with him just felt....weird and awkward, I guess? He was hugging me tightly, making me carry him into my house, and he followed me. This is all weird. But he wasn't done toying with me, was he? Nope. He still wanted to stay with me. This eventually lead to me "bonding" with him, if you can call it that? Kokichi scooted closer to me, and we were touching more than I was comfortable with; because I can't trust him just yet, maybe when we know a bit more about each other, yeah? But I didn't want to be mean to him...I should at least hope that he's happy with all this, if he wants to be by me right now. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. Kokichi picked up my phone, thinking that he was going to give it to me, I reached over, but he wouldn't give it to me. He looked at the message that I had gotten, it was from (friend). His/her message said "Y/N, why won't you answer me!?". Kokichi smirked and said "Oooh, looks like someone's mad, Y/N~". I grabbed my phone from him and texted back as quickly as I could before Kokichi took it from me, simply saying to (friend), "Sorry"....

Kokichi, once again, asking another question, said "Who's that?~"...."Kokichi, that's my friend, (friend name), what's it to you?" "Oh, fine...If you'd rather talk to him/her, and not me, that's fine, I'll leave.." "No, hey! It's fine! Please don't worry about that.", I responded back, not wanting to just reject him. "Alright, alright....Anyway, I'll be honest with you; something tells me that you're trying not to fall for me....Even though it's obvious that you're falling for me, even though you know how I am. Riiiiiiiight?", he said.....Wait!? He knows how I feel about all this!? "Uh!? You know!?", I shouted, surprised. "Y/N, don't be so surprised!~ You know exactly how I am, remember?"....I guess he was right. "Don't ignore meeee!!~ Pleeeeease?", he nagged. So it just might be how he is, huh. "Okay...But Kokichi, what's with you acting so...clingy around me?", I asked, hoping he wouldn't mind. "I'm trying to get you to be my servant, like I've mentioned before....Do you not like me or something?....", he told me. "Kokichi....it's not that....You seem nice...but there's something that I can't figure out about you. You're so...mysterious, or something....You just seem different from others that I've met, and I'm your servant...? I guess i can get used to that.", I respond....

"It's my talent...I'm your leader, and you're my servant. We can talk about it at school tomorrow, I guess.", he blurted out, again. "And I'm like that....It's because I'm a liar, Y/N....now come here, it's cold." Manipulative, yet again...But I don't hate it. I got closer to him, after hearing him mention that he thought that it was cold. ...He put his arms around him, realizing that he felt ice-cold. "Kokichi...you feel quite cold, is that why you wanted me to get closer to you?", I asked. Putting his arms around me, Kokichi said "Well, I mostly just wanted to see your terrified face because I'm soooo scary....Just kidding. What I really wanted was some warmth...And I think you're helping me! Good servant, Y/N!" "But I'm really not doing anything, Kokichi. I feel like you're only trying to sugarcoat it and lie to me....", I stated. "You're...kinda acting like....I'm your best friend or something?".....Kokichi then smirked at me and told me "Well, if I do end up being your best friend, you'd know when I'm lying!"

What he had said made me look into the future a bit....Maybe we actually could end up being friends... "Best friends...That sounds nice, Y/N. No one ever really wanted to get to know me because of how much I lied. But there's more to me...if only they'd just look deeper...it's actually sad for me. Y/N, please don't leave me."...what he said just then had now hit me. He wants to be my friend... "So what you're saying is that you want to be my friend, Kokichi?"...."Yes, Y/N....and that's a time that I'll actually be honest to you, I promise." "Kokichi, I think it might take a while because we've just met....but I think it might work, just give it time..."

Kokichi hugged me, happily. "Thanks, Y/N~" I put my arms back around him to let him know that I was happy too. Kokichi had to go back home so that he could continue his "evil work"...I wonder what that's like. He waved goodbye to me and smiled, rather than anything but a smirk. I was now alone and by myself again, I guessed I'd better get ready for school again tomorrow. I wanted to see Kokichi, after all.