Chapter 61: Journey in Abseiles

I'm sorry for the very very late update. Sobrang busy ko lang talaga sa school, especially now that I'm in college. To make it up to you, here's a long update for the part one of Coco's journey in Abseiles.

   Journey in Abseiles

   Journey in Abseiles

Nakatungo at mahigpit na nakakuyom ang mga palad ko habang nakikinig sa usapan nina Professor Cameron at tatay. Honestly, I have lost track on what they are talking about now after I heard what I needed to know. How would you feel if you suddenly found out that you are an actual subject to a prophecy? Because I could not figure out mine. My insides are all swelled up and they grew tired of all these supernatural ordeal.

Superhumans, psychics and witches mingling with humans, gods and goddesses disguised as mortals and now, a predetermined fate of being a vessel to some primordial beings, all sound bat shit crazy.

Lilith was the wife of Adam prior to Eve who refused to submit to him and was punished by God because of that. However, Eve suffered the same fate as her after she had eaten the forbidden fruit. They were casted to the darkness but both of them swore to return with their respective vessels. When Daphne's reincarnated body became Eve's vessel, it instantaneously made me Lilith's. It is because it was stated in the prophecy that these two wicked wives of Adam will always be in conflict and the return of anyone of them will also pave the way for the other's comeback. Ang mortal na kaaway o ang lubos na kinamumuhian ng taong naging vessel nila ang magiging vessel ng isa pa. The death of nanay angered me so much I also want Eve dead and this awaken Lilith from her deep sleep.

Daphne loathed my mother when tatay chose nanay over her. Sino ba namang hindi magagalit kung ang taong nangako sa'yong hahanapin ka sa iyong pagbabalik sa mundo ay nakatagpo na ng ibang pag-ibig? That must have wounded her so much. She was not able to regain the power she had during her past life that is why when she met Eve who had promised to help her get even, she did not hesitated to agree with her even if it would cost her whole life and soul in exchange. Dumoble pa ang pagkamuhi niya nang malaman ang tungkol sa akin and had made horrible things to ruin my life including the death of my mother. Now, I came to understand why Eve is always after me. She wants to destroy me because of her agreement with Daphne. Aside from that, she also has another hidden motive. She wants me completely dead because she's scared of Lilith, the real monster...and I could feel her nearing comeback.

"I can do something to help her."

Nag-angat ako ng tingin sa dalawang lalaking nag-uusap parin. Cameron's eyes were laced with pain and worry when we locked gazes but he immediately drew away to stare blankly at the glass window. Tatay, on the other hand, was looking at me intently like he's weighing everything and seeing all my suppressed emotions through my very soul.

"At least I know someone who can help us exorcise Lilith before she could even fully take over her body," the professor continued.

Seconds resulted to a minute of full silence until tatay decided to break it. "Let's do everything to save her."