1•

Just moved in, new city, new life, hopefully new friends. The apartment I rented was a studio, kinda. It had one big room, one normal sized bathroom, and a tiny living room and kitchen.

It was the best deal I could find in New York, especially for an apartment. It came furnished and had some pretty good reviews.

Walking around the cold living room, trying to get used to the new space. It wasn't like home, nobody was talking to me, or screaming and me to tell me to wash the dishes. It was quiet, except for the car noises outside. Looking out side the huge window I saw the dark sky, realizing it was getting late.

I made my way to my room, walking on the dark brown wood. Boxes were spread around, making the room look messy. I laid on my white bed, being the only thing that was packed in the whole apartment. I went under the sheets and closed my eyes.

I hear a few rain drops hitting the window above my bed, making it calmer for me. Almost asleep something woke me up. Music from next door. Rolling my eyes and trying to ignore it; I couldn't.

It was a beautiful song, it wasn't finished yet since it lacked lyrics. But still beautiful. The guy singing wasn't from here, you could tell from his accent. His voice was deep, slow and calming. Every now and then I would hear a few grunts and screams of desperation; probably meaning he had no ideas or inspiration to continue writing the song.

He started from zero and being to play the song again, I closed my eyes and fell asleep while listening to such a calming voice singing a calming song.