Chapter 8

Daisy shivered as the feeling of being in loads of trouble washed over her. She gulped and strengthened her resolve before squaring her shoulders and holding the torch high over her head. She had to do this. Or else the ice princess would freeze her life and livelihood both. She couldn't take any chances. She cursed her bad luck and bit her lips unhappily, wishing she had never met the crazy girl. If today hadn't happened, she would have been at home, relaxing after a job well done. But she had to jump at the chance of meeting the Rasans and that had proved to be her major downfall.

Daisy thought of how Melvin would be affected by all of this too and pushed herself forward in the semi darkness. Her objective was the Small cabin at the end of the long corridor. The cabin was where all the CCTV footages were stored and she had to get the one for today to send it to... Adiva Rasan. Why she needed it, Daisy didn't know and she didn't want to either. Because at that moment, when she had discovered Adiva in the loo, she had wanted nothing but to disappear from there as soon as it was possible. She thought of earlier today.

"You?" She had stammered idiotically as she discovered Adiva standing near the open cubicle. She had gone pale and her hands were trembling. She held the sink for support and saw Adiva move towards her in haste. But when she righted herself, Adiva seemed to be standing just as far away.

"So... what were you speaking about me?" Adiva asked sarcastically and Daisy trembled.

"I am really sorry! I was just so frustrated that such words automatically escaped me!" Daisy tried to make up for her blunder. Adiva chuckled humorously.

"You think I care about what or why you said it?" Adiva enquired with raised eyebrows. "Darling... I am Adiva Rasan and you need to know one thing about me. I. Don't. Care!" Adiva bit out. "You can speak all you want about me and that's your personal matter. Doesn't affect my soft heart, does it?" She was sarcastic once more. "But by doing this..." Adiva pointed all around the loo, to indicate her previous conversation with Melvin. "You have given me an advantage over you. Which was very foolish of you. Not that you knew I was in this loo. Did you?" She asked her conversationally and Daisy shook her head faintly. "Doesn't change anything though. Does it? Anyways... like I said, I have an advantage over you and you are at my mercy. But as I am a merciful person I would let this slide..." Daisy exhaled deeply. "If- If you do a small work for me." Daisy tensed up again.

"What work?" She asked, fearing the worst.

"You will have to get me the CCTV footage of today's entire fiasco." Adiva seclared with glinting eyes. Daisy felt her breath hitch.

"That's illegal!" She whisper shouted. Adiva smiled.

"I know."

"If I get caught I would go to prison!"

"Then you better not get caught." Adiva told her sharply. Daisy breath in and out for some moments before she began to shake her head.

"I can't do this." She said quietly and began to inch towards the door, when she heard her own voice and stopped in her tracks. She looked towards Adiva to see her holding her cellphone in one hand, the screen facing her. The video on the screen froze the blood in her veins. Her legs refused to move anymore and she helplessly watched Adiva who was watching her triumphantly.

"If you do not get me that footage, I will make sure this one goes viral!" Adiva declared.

"But-"

"Ahan! The time is ticking!" Adiva said as she began to exit the loo. Daisy grabbed her hands.

"What you are doing is absolute blackmail." Daisy told her, all panicky.

"I know!" Adiva smiled and shrugged innocently. "But what will you do about it?" She asked as the smile she wore dissolved in the cold expression of her eyes. Daisy's lips trembled as the tears began to fall from her eyes. Adiva's eyes softened. "What I want to do with that footage can be accomplished by this video itself." She indicated her phone while Daisy watched her tearfully. "But I do not want you or your friend to get backlash due to this, so I want you to get me that footage. You do that and not only will I pay you handsomely, I will delete this video and make sure you get that scholarship you were so much interested in." Adiva declared as Daisy forgot her tears and watched her openmouthedly. How Adiva got to know about that tidbit of her life she had no idea. But the offer was a very good one and also she had no choice but to do as bid. So she nervously nodded her head and then listened to Adiva's instructions.

Now as she moved her fingers on that laptop, quickly sending the video from the laptop to her own phone, she wished she would never meet this girl again. This part of the building was not monitored and also the store didn't exactly expect anyone to be interested in their CCTV footages. She was safe for now. She hoped it stayed that way. Adiva had promised her she wouldn't be implicated in anyway. She hoped Adiva stayed true to her word. She sighed and gently rubbed her cheeks with a gloved hand before exiting the cabin.

•••

Yamin watched Adiva as she typed away on her phone. He didn't know what she was upto. But he knew that she was upto something.

"What are you doing?" He asked her forcefully as he sat forward on his chair and placed his elbows on his knees.

"Me?" Adiva asked in feigned innocence. "Nothing... Nothing at all!" Adiva emphasized with gestures.

"Diva! I can read you like a book. So please do not insult my intelligence and reveal your master plan!" Yamin said angrily.

"So you can go and blubber in front of Grand Da? No way! I will make sure this treaty is called off before my wedding." She hissed and then widened her eyes. "God that sounds so wrong. My wedding! Yuck!" She shuddered and continued to do what she had been doing. Yamin smirked.

"So you agree that you are upto something." Yamin announced. Adiva watched him with a raised eyebrow.

"Did you even have a doubt? As if I would sit calmly while my freewill was being this ruthlessly snatched away!" Adiva replied as she shook her head. Yamin sighed.

"So that stunt at the breakfast table some days ago was all you?" He asked just to make sure.

"Yup!" Adiva said popping the 'p'.

"You realise that you will be in trouble right?" Yamin asked her incredulously. She smiled at him and continued to do her work, while he muttered.

"If you get caught Grand Da will never forgive you!"

"I won't get caught." She declared confidently and smiled with a dangerous glint as her phone beeped and she fished for her earphones nearby. He frowned at her and got up to settle himself beside her, comfortably. She paid him no mind as he watched the screen of her phone. Finally she pulled her earphones towards her and offered him a pod, while playing the video. He accepted the pod and watched interestedly as the whole shopping fiasco began to replay on her phone. He looked at her in a shocked disapproval. She shrugged her shoulders in response. Soon, she sent the video to her own laptop and began to tweak it here and there, cutting and pasting at various places, while Yamin watched her in bewilderment.

"What are you doing?" Yamin enquired.

"I am making sure that this wedding is called off." She replied confidently.

"How?" He asked her in surprise and a little uneasiness.

"By making sure Hera gets a treat." She smiled mischeivously as she resent the edited video to her phone and jumped off the bed excitedly as she soon exited the room. Yamin flopped back on her bed and rubbed his face. This was going to be... interesting! He removed his hands off his face as he smiled mischievously like Adiva had and rushed off behind her.

_____

Please forgive all the errors. Thank you.