Chapter Fourteen

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Week Later

Aubrey stood at her front door, arms crossed over her chest and eyes glaring at the men on her doorstep. Happy looked like he wanted to be anywhere but where he was, Tig was smirking, Opie looked uncomfortable, and Jax, the one she was currently staring down, just looked done with it all.

"I don't think he's ready, Jax."

Jax shook his head. "Look, I need him."

Aubrey shook her head and smirked at him. "You need him specifically?"

Jax sighed as his eyes narrowed in irritation. "Darlin, you may not think he's ready, but my old lady says that he should be fine by now."

Aubrey let out a breath and mentally cursed Tara for butting in. She looked down at the carpet for a moment before speaking quietly. "He still has headaches and nightmares, Jax."

Jax stepped a little closer and nodded. "I understand that Rey, I really do, but it's time for him to get back to work. Besides, you're driving him crazy."

Happy and Tig groaned in unison as Opie cursed quietly under his breath before slapping Jax in the back of the head. "That wasn't necessary, man!"

Jax shrugged as he rubbed the back of his head. "What? That's what he said when he called last night. Said she was driving him batshit and he needed out of this house before he did or said something he couldn't take back."

To their surprise, Aubrey started chuckling as she stepped back and motioned for them to come in. "Well, then, by all means, get him and his shit and get him the hell out of my house!"

Jax cursed as he shut the door behind himself. "Aubrey, I'm sure he didn't mean it that way. He's just restless."

She just shook her head as she led the way down the hall to her bedroom. Chibs looked up in surprise when the bedroom door came open with force and slammed into the wall. Aubrey glared at Chibs as she walked to the closet and grabbed his duffel bag. She threw it to Happy.

"There's his bag. Pack his shit." She turned to the man now standing beside the bed. "You can go with my blessing. God knows I don't want to cause you to do or say something you'll regret."

Chibs looked from her to the guilty looking men shifting uncomfortably on their feet. "Now, darlin, I don't... "

Aubrey held up a hand. "No, no, I completely understand. I mean, how dare I try to keep you alive a few more days? God knows, SAMCRO knows more than I do." She shook her head and chuckled bitterly. "I guess if I was Fiona, I'd know how to fight against the club, but I'm just not feeling the whole Irish bitch vibe this morning. I'm gonna go shower so I can get to the shop. You remember that place, right? The one I've been ignoring to nurse you back to health? Yeah, I'm gonna go there. I'd advise you to be gone by the time I'm finished." She looked around at the group of men. "Good day, gentlemen. Now, get the fuck out of my house!"

Without another word she walked into the bathroom and slammed the door behind her.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chibs stared at the bathroom door for a moment in shock before turning an icy stare towards the other men in the room. "What the fuck did you all do?"

Opie shook his head. "Oh no, it wasn't all of us. Jax did this all by himself."

Happy nodded as he started shoving Chibs' clothes in the bag. "Yeah, and we need to move because I don't want to be here when she comes out. It's too early for this drama shit."

Chibs shook his head as Tig threw him a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. "Jackie boy, all you had to do was come up with an excuse to get me out of the house for a few hours! Now, I'm pretty sure I'm not welcome here at all!"

Tig snorted. "Oh, I'm positive that none of us are welcome."

Jax sighed. "She wouldn't take my reasons for needing you so I went with the truth. Look, we'll fix this later. Right now, we really do have a meeting with the IRA that we need to get to, then we have to figure out what we're doing about Zobelle."

Another few minutes, and the men were leaving to head to the clubhouse. As he got in the van, Chibs wondered how hard it was going to be to fix the mess Jax had made for him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clay looked around the table at the men gathered there. "So we're in agreement that we need to go on lockdown? It would be just until we can meet with Alvarez about Zobelle." The men all nodded, leaving Clay to bring the gavel down to end the meeting. "Go gather your families up." Chibs groaned and rubbed the back of his head, making Clay give him a look. "What?"

Happy sighed and looked at Chibs before answering for him. "There may be a problem getting Aubrey to cooperate."

Jax cleared his throat as Clay looked around for answers. "I might have caused some tension between Chibs and Rey this morning."

Clay rolled his eyes. "All you had to do was go pick him up, for god's sake." He shook his head and pointed a finger at Chibs. "You do what you have to, but she's under this roof by this afternoon, got me? I especially want all old ladies of officers here and under protection."

Chibs nodded then cleared his throat. "Uhh... I think Fiona is still in town as well."

Clay cursed and rubbed his forehead as Happy groaned. "Man, that will be savage. You can't expect Rey and Fiona to be in the same place right now."

Chibs nodded. "I know, but she is my wife, and as such, she could be in harm's way, same as Rey. I'll figure out how to keep them separated, but they both need to be brought in."