Chapter Fifteen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happy stared at Aubrey before rolling his eyes. Trudy sighed and shook her head. "Why are you being this way? You know he wouldn't ask if it wasn't important."

Happy shook his head. "I'm not asking. I'm telling you. You have to close up, pack a bag and head to TM. It's that simple."

Aubrey looked up from the paperwork she was reading over and smiled. "I'm certainly not arguing with you. Trudy can leave any time. I'll put myself on lockdown. I've been wanting to take a few days somewhere anyway. Now is as good a time as any." She stood up and walked around her desk. "I'll finish up a few things here then head out. Trudy, you can pack up what's left in the cases like the last time. I'm sure Gemma will appreciate the extra food."

Happy growled as he followed Rey out into the kitchen. "That's not gonna work. You leaving town isn't how this needs to go down. Can't you just suck it up and come with Trudy? Seriously."

Rey shook her head. "No, I really can't. Look, the idea is to not be where the bad guys, whoever they are this time, can get to us, right?" She shrugged. "If I'm out of town, they can't find me."

Happy shook his head as Trudy grabbed boxes to put the pastries in. "What if they follow you? Our way is better. Everyone locked down in one spot."

"Well, I'm not going to the clubhouse. Are you going to force me? Tie me up and throw me on the back of your bike?" 

Trudy snickered as Happy pointed a finger at Rey. "You think I wouldn't? One call has the van on the way, and Tig will be happy to subdue you long enough to get you where you need to be."

Rey sighed as she walked over and patted Happy on the cheek and smiled at him. "Get your girl to safety. I'll be fine, I promise."

Happy finally shook his head and followed Trudy out to the front, muttering about Chibs and his woman problems.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chibs glared at Happy as Half-Sack helped Trudy unload her car. Gemma shook her head and paced the floor while Clay stared at the ceiling. "What do ye mean she wouldn't come? It wasn't an invitation, man!"

Happy shrugged. "I tried, I swear. She said she would just leave town for a few days instead."

Clay shook his head and chuckled. "Chibs, I gotta hand it to ya. You have a way of finding the most stubborn women, I swear. Aubrey makes Gemma look like a girl scout."

Gemma grinned before stopping Trudy. "Sweetheart, do you have any idea where she would be going? Maybe if we knew, we could head her off somehow."

Chibs watched as Trudy bit her lip, clearly not comfortable with ratting out her best friend. He stepped forward and pulled her into a hug. "Darlin, I know she's yer friend, but she's my woman, and I can't keep her safe if I dunna know where she is."

Finally, Trudy took a deep breath and let it out slowly as Happy drew her into his side. "Her grandmother lives outside of Oakland. She might be headed there."

Chibs looked at Clay, who already had his phone out. He nodded and winked at Chibs. "I'm on it, brother. Calling Unser. He'll find her."

Chibs nodded. "Aye. Ye tell him to do what he has to, yeah? I want her here."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aubrey was almost out of town when she realized blue lights were flashing behind her. She cursed and pulled over, rolling her eyes when she saw Chief Unser walking up to her car with David Hale behind him. Wayne leaned down as she rolled her window down and smiled at her. 

"Good afternoon, Chief. Did I do something wrong?"

Wayne nodded his head as he opened her car door. "Kinda, yeah. Mind stepping out of the car, sweetheart?"

Aubrey frowned but did as he asked, looking between the two men. "What's this about?"

David cleared his throat as Wayne pulled his phone from his pocket and dialed a number. "Are you aware that SAMCRO is on lockdown?"

Aubrey stared at him unbelievingly. "You're kidding me, right? That's why I'm being stopped?" She shook her head. "Of course it is. Yes, I know they're on lockdown. That's why I'm leaving town for a few days."

David looked uncomfortable as he took a step closer to her. "Look, you know I'm not a fan of SAMCRO, but usually when they go on lockdown, it's for a good reason. They just want to keep their families and friends safe, Rey, and this time I have to agree with Chibs that his way is better than yours. He can't keep you safe if he doesn't know where you are."

Wayne stepped back over to them as he hung up his phone. He motioned to Rey. "Cuff her and put her in the car. You can drive hers to TM."

Rey stared at both men in shock as David reluctantly removed his handcuffs from his belt. "Are you fucking kidding me right now? Why the hell do I need to be cuffed?"

Wayne shrugged as he grinned at her. "So you don't cause any more trouble before you can be delivered to Chibs, sweetheart."

David took a step forward and gave Rey a small smile as he grasped her wrist in his hand. "Sorry, Rey."

Aubrey just stared straight ahead, not speaking to either man as she was cuffed and led to the back of the police cruiser. As David got behind the wheel of her car and followed Wayne to TM, he was glad that he wasn't the one that was going to have to answer to Aubrey.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chibs watched as Wayne pulled into the lot with Aurbrey's car right behind him. He couldn't help the small smirk as he saw that David was driving her car and she was in the back of the cruiser. As he watched Unser walk over to them, Tig joined him, snickering. 

"Oh brother, you are a dead man."

Chibs shrugged. "Maybe, but she's here where she needs to be, yeah?"

Wayne walked up shaking his head. "She hasn't said a word since we put her in the car. I'm not sure if that's good or bad."

He heard Gemma curse as David helped Aubrey out of the back of the car. "You fucking cuffed her?!"

Chibs winced but looked unapologetic. "Maybe she learned her lesson, aye?"

Gemma rolled her eyes as she started across the lot to meet Rey. "I hope she cuts your dick off."