Memories Pt.1

Harry's pov

As I make my way to the Great Hall, I get the usual, stares and people saying thanks.

"Harry!"

I turn around to see Neville. He looked sad, but what should I expect; tons were killed here.

"Hi, Neville"

"How was your summer, Harry"

I spent my summer at the Dursleys, it was horrible as usual. It was really bad at the beginning and end of the summer cause I kept on zoning out when my uncle would be talking, and next thing I know he would slap me. I spent most of my summer in the cupboard under the stairs cause Uncle Vernon didn't want me to be able to owl people, but I managed to send some letters to Hermione and Ron when the Dursleys weren't home. I had gotten multiple beatings this summer.

"Harry?"

"My summer was alright Neville, I spent lots of time at the beach." Of course I lied, I couldn't have anyone finding out about what the Dursleys did to me cause that would just mean more attention.

"Well that's fun, I should probably go find Blaise now."

"Blaise?"

"You didn't hear? Me and Blaise hung out this summer and now we're dating"

"Oh that's great! Good for you Neville!"

"Thanks. Anyways I will see you in class"

"Goodbye"

Blaise Zambini and Neville Longbottom, who would've thought. As I enter the Great Hall heads turn and the room goes silent, then everyone starts cheering and i hear a few people saying "Golden Boy" I hate all the names and attention.

I look around and see a sign to label the 8th year dining table. I walk over there and sit down the table is very small with less then 30 people a mix of all houses. I look down and pray for the whispers to stop around me.

"Silence you all" Professor McGonagall says.

Once the room quieted down she started the normal speech explaining the boundaries and stuff like that. Then after she persisted with the speech...

"As you things have changed since last year. We now have an 8th year and new tower that beholds the 8th year common room and dorm rooms." She paused. " We are very lucky to have Hogwarts repaired for the commencement of the school year.""Now that the war is over we can live in peace. I know that this might be hard for some of you returning; and we all wish to for you all to move on but not forget the wonderful wizards that fought and sacrificed their lives for the safety of the wizarding world. I hope you all stay strong... Have a great year.Now let's feast"

Once all the food appeared everyone started digging in. 

Then Luna started talking to me.

"Harry? Why aren't you eating?"

"I'm not hungry"

"When did you last eat?"

"On the train."

Malfoy looked at me and went to deny what i said, but I gave him a look and he continued eating.

"Okay Harry. So how was your summ-"

I was done with all the questions I had to get out of there.

"I'm going to go to the common room now. So bye Luna"

"Alright Harry, goodbye"

I rushed out of there in the most casual way possible.

As I was walking to the 8th year tower along the way I kept on picturing all the dead bodies of all my friends that died because of me. I started running up the stairs of the tower and when i finally got to the door I said the password "Memories" As I walked in I noticed a blonde sitting on the couch.

"Hello, Potter."

"Malfoy? how did you get here so fast?"

there was no way he walked by me I would of noticed if he did.

"I apparated."

"But students can't apparate in Hogwarts"

"Well, when I was a death eater, Voldemort wanted me to repair the vanishing cabinet and he also gave me the ability to apparate in Hogwarts."

"Oh... So why aren't you at dinner?"

"I could ask you the same"

"I needed to get out of there, it was to much for me."

"Some 3rd year dumped his pumpkin juice on me so I came here to clean up."

"That sucks.. Are you going back?"

"There is no point cause it ends in about two minutes."

This was the first somewhat civilized conversation I've ever had with Malfoy.

"Malfoy, why have you been so nice to me this year?"

Draco's pov

Just say it Draco, Now's your chance to tell him you've loved him since first year. What do I have to lose, I've lost everything already everyone hates me.

Here goes nothing..."To be honest Harry, I've li-"

We were interrupted by everyone coming in from dinner. There goes my chance.

A/N sorry that this chapter was kinda cut off but I have to go to bed and I will write the other half tomorrow. and I am going to try and post at least one chapter daily.