Homecoming - 2

Sebastian and Alison materialized into the vestibule of the house, followed by Smythe and Diane. Topher and Mark arrived solo and the older man was blown away when his daughter ran up to him out of breath from having ran down two flights of stairs.

"Daddy! Can I have my old phone back please? I really don't like my new phone at all. How come we had to switch anyway?"

"You don't like your phone? Okay let me have it then?" He tossed it into the air and blasted it with his wand that he had whipped out on a holster-like apparatus in less than a blink of an eye.

"DADDY!"

"I'm sorry honey but they have to go. They all have to go...If I can save them, I will." He held out his hand for Judy's and she held her ground and stared him down. "Jay, I don't have time to argue with you about it. Hand it over."

"You just went live with them!"

He nodded. "Yes, I know and if we can get them all cleared within the next few minutes, I might be able to save months of work, now hand it the fuck over!"

"What! Why?"

"I'll explain later, now please..." Judy looked away and held out the mobile device. "Did you use it?"

"No..."

"Good. We can save it then." Topher tapped on the screen, deactivated it then he returned it to her. "Restart it in an hour."

"Phone murderer," Lizzie cried out then she ran up the stairs toward the room that she had claimed as hers. She slammed the door and the reverberation seemed to cause the house to shudder.

"Ladies and gentlemen, my daughter Elisabeth," he sighed as he lowered his head, quite defeated. He moved to sit on the settee with his head in his hands. Judy slowly walked toward the settee and stood before him and he reached out and pulled her toward him and held on to her legs. "I am not going to survive her adolescence..."

"Of course you will. You're tougher than you think," Judy said.

He looked up toward her. "Think so?"

Judy smiled and knelt before him. "Know so." She wrapped her arms around him and held on.

On the other side of the room, James sat in his father's recliner and felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. He withdrew it, wondering who'd be calling him since his device had just been cleared and reset. He looked at the view screen and saw a live transmission of Alexis smiling brightly and waving. He activated the app and he saw her on the entire view screen and felt his eyes grow large and his jaw fall...she was sitting on her bed and she was topless.

"HI! I love my new phone, Jamie, thanks! This Face Time is cool huh!" She pursed her lips and touched her phone.

"LEXIE! Oh my god! I...I...Can't talk now!"

He ended the transmission and looked around the room to see if anyone had caught on to what he had seen, aware that his face was flushed and that there was a slight bulge in his jeans. His visual sweep of the large room ended with his mother smiling at him.

"Was that Lexie I heard?"

"No!" He cleared his throat. "Well, erm...Yes."