three

It was friday and renjun depressingly stomped his way to class. Jaemin was supposed to walk to school with him but he went with jeno instead, saying he'll make it up to him by walking home with him after school and since he needed to tell him something. Renjun made his way to class and sat down at his seat, waiting for class to start. It was 20 minutes before class was starting and soon he saw jaemin and jeno walked in. Jeno went to his seat as well which is at the opposite side of the class where renjun and jaemin were seated. But as soon as jaemin put down his bag and told renjun he was going to go use the bathroom before leaving, jeno flew up from.his seat and hurrily made his way to renjun, sitting down beside him.

'injunnie! I need to tell you something"

Renjun just stared at jeno, waiting for him to continue.

"but first, what's up with you recently? You've been so quiet and your eyebags are really starting to show up" jeno asked.

Renjun looked at jeno, seeing how concerned he looked but he couldn't tell jeno that it was because he knew jeno liked jaemin as well as jaemin, leaving himself to rot sadly in a corner but renjun also knew it wasn't their fault.

"i can't seem to keep up with the homework" renjun simply answered. He has said that way too many times already, to jaemin and then to jisung and chenle, even to a few classmates who asked and now jeno.

Jeno didn't seem convinced but let it slide.

"alright...so i wanted you to help me with something" jeno looked down and starting playing with his fingers, feeling nervous.

"what is it?"

Jeno knew jaemin would come back any time now so he decided to just do it.

"alright fine, i really like jaemin but i'm too scared to confess to him because i don't want to ruin our friendship" jeno looked up at renjun.
"so i wanted you to give me some advice, i'm planning to do it next wednesday.

"o-oh" was all renjun could let out. He could feel his heart shatter into a million pieces. So he was right about what he thought was him overthinking.

"so can you give me some advice?" jeno pleaded while slightly pouting at renjun.

"j-just be confident and don't be afraid that it'll ruined you guy's friendship" renjun smiled and held up a thumbs up. "you never know"

"alright then, thanks renjunnie" jeno smiled cutely and after that, he went back to his seat.

After school, jaemin also asked for renjun's help when they walked home together and renjun said the same thing but he couldn't help but feel tears threatening to pour out from his eyes as he waved goodbye to jaemin and walked up to his front door.

:(