five

Renjun opened his eyes and tried adjusting to the bright light in the room. He sat up and wince at the sharp pain from his head.

"nonono, don't sit up. Just lay down" a calming voice said.

Renjun got surprised as he didn't know there was someone else in the room. He looked over to him and couldn't believe his eyes. This has to be one of the cutest guy he had ever seen. He didn't notice how long he was staring untill the boy spoke.

"h-hi, I'm haechan. We're in the same class." haechan  smiled cutely.

He's in the same class as me? I never noticed him.

Haechan noticed the confused look on renjun's face and continued.

"I'm always at the back of the class and i was going to the bathroom just after you but saw you on the floor not far from the classroom but i hope you're fine now, renjun." he smiled a reassuring smile again.

Renjun smiled but the smile quickly faded away as he remenbered about jaemin and jeno.

"did you um perhaps saw-"

"oh! You mean jaemin and jeno?" haechan cut renjun off.

Renjun nodded and waited for haechan to continue.

"well...i actually told them about it and they got worried but they both said they needed to do something important to and that they will check on you tomorrow."

Renjun nodded his head, looking down and almost breaking into tears.

I guess their confession is more important then making sure your bestfriend that fainted was alright.

Renjun looked up again, hopefully.

"how about jisung and chenle?" looking straight into the brown orbs of the other boy.

"oh, i told them too and they also said they would check up on you tomorrow as they have a date" haechan patted renjun on the shoulder.

"but at least i'm here right? So would you be my friend as a way to thank me?" he giggled but didn't expect renjun to actually say yes, making him smile even brighter.

Renjun smiled sadly back at haechan and looked down, aware of the fact that tomorrow is the confession day for jeno but renjun knew he couldn't do anything as he didn't want to be selfish.

All of a sudden, he could feel his lungs heat up again.

"h-haechan c-could you please leave the room f-for a moment, i want to be alone" renjun quickly choked out the words.

Haechan frowned worriedly at renjun but understood that he wanted to be alone and left the room. He knew renjun likes jaemin and jeno but....he likes renjun and it has almost been a year.

Renjun immediately started coughing and this time, the petals were tinted pink with a few drops of blood.

Renjun silently cried and haechan eventually brought him home.

I feel so bad making renjun suffer so much :(