fourteen

Renjun was lying on the hospital bed, unconcious.
There are many people in the room. Renjun's mother, Haechan, jaemin, jeno, chenle and jisung.

It was currently the second day renjun have been lying on the hospital bed and everyone was praying.

Jaemin and jeno was crying. They felt so guilty that everything happened because of them. Renjun's mother told them everything and jaemin and jeno could only sit on their chairs with their hands clasped together, praying silently. Chenle and jisung could only hang their heads low for being a terrible friend. Renjun's mother was closing her eyes with dried tears, hoping.

------------------------------

"w-wher- ah!" renjun finally woke up. The first thing he saw was white everywhere which caused confusion but as soon as he felt a sharp sting around his chest, he fell back on the bed.

Flashback

"i....."

Renjun looked up at his mother and haechan.

"i thought about this for a long time and i decided to go for surgery" renjun smiled with his teeth.

The smiles on their faces were incredibly wide and they instantly hugged renjun.

"thank you for deciding to stay" renjun's mother said.

Haechan broke the hug.

"you're doing this for yourself too, right?" haechan wanted to make sure he wasn't just doing this for the people around him.

"yes now come here"

Haechan chuckled.

Present

Gasps were heard everywhere.

"renjun!" haechan ran over to him, smiling.

"renjun, you woke up! How are you feeling?" the corners of renjun's mother lips curled up.

"pain" renjun chuckled.

He looked around, noticing chenle, jisung, jaemin and jeno and furrowed his brows.

Before renjun could open his mouth, chenle spoke up.

"we are so sorry for not being by your side. We were so caught up in our own love story that we didn't notice that you were suffering. Ms huang told us everything and-" chenle choked on a sob, holding renjun's hand.

"we're sorry" a tear dropped on jisung's cheek.

Renjun smiled, feeling almost complete. Everyone he loves was here.

"it's fine, but i still hate you" renjun joked.

Jaemin held renjun's other hand, making renjun turn to him.

"jeno and i feel so guilty about this, we are so sorry we couldn't give you the happiness you deserve." jaemin tightened his grip.

"renjun....we're so sorry. Don't ever scare us like that again" jeno hugged renjun, muffling his cries.

"aish, it's fine. I'm all better now"

And that was true. That constant feeling of his heart shattering and the constant lack of oxygen was finally gone. Renjun felt free and alive. He felt amazing.

--------------------------------
A few hours passed and renjun was currently taking a walk outside the hospital with his mother, jaemin and jeno and haechan, of course. Chenle and jisung volunteered to buy lunch for renjun to make it up to him. Haechan said renjun would be discharged tomorrow and his brother, mark who recently graduated in canada and is coming back to seoul will come help drive him and his mother home tommorrow.