5.

CHAPTER FIVE
❛ 五 ❜

꒰ CHAPTER FIVE ꒱ ❛ 五 ❜

❛ "Oh, shit." ❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

TO SAY THAT SOORA was confused would've been a major understatement.

She was completely and utterly bewildered, the very embodiment of perplex and her appearance nonplussed due to the uncalled presences of the anonymous males, all unknown except for the tallest one whom had engaged in a coughing fit at an attempt to clear an awkward silence. Namjoon, she recalls, a figurative hand scrambling through the mess of her mind to try and pick the name out.

Beside her, Yoona stares at her with equal meaning lurking beneath her eyes of confusion.

"What the hell just happened?" Soora asks.

Yoona throws an annoyed glance at her. "Does it look like I know?"

Soora rolls her eyes. "Amber alert, missing personality." She says, singing the last two words angrily under her breath, ignoring the venomous glare her sister sends her way.

It's as if the both of them are in their heads, tiny metaphorical selves swimming endless laps in an ocean of confusion, except the waves are too powerful, overwhelming and strong, pushing them deeper and deeper until they're drowning in their thoughts of perplexity, failing to grasp the reality of the situation that lies above the water in the form of clear, crisp air to breathe. It's suffocating and frustrating as the two stare into each other's eyes in the real world, trying to get answers as to what happened. But then back in their minds the two symbolic little copies of themselves surge upward with a new found boisterous confidence and splash through the waves, mouths inhaling gulps of fresh air, finally successfully managing to grasp it's oxygen and air to breathe, or other wise known as the reality of the situation.

The girls' eyes widen even more.
The guys were gone.
The accident caused by them at their feet.

Soora's lips sputter uselessly, her eyelids smacking against her eyeballs as she tries to register the fact that she'd just taken part in helping four teenage guys escape from a mess they'd made that consisted of somehow tearing apart three, beautiful and exquisitely elegant and traditional lanterns settling unsettlingly, the realization dawning on her along with sirens and alarm bells ringing in her head before they tumble out her lips as a very eloquent and heartfelt, earnest profound construction of raw panic.

"Oh, shit."

And then it's all a blur of fuzzy orange glows, the emergence of profuse and various words of blasphemous and obscene language, the whips of coffee and caramel hair and lastly the ear-splitting screech of footwear against flooring before the two find themselves running for their lives, hands flaying at their sides as they grasp on shelves by the corners of the many shelves to boost themselves down towards the exist, both of the two bursting through the curtain for a door by the back, finally on the sidewalk. Not wanting to waste any more time, they dash down the bricked sidewalk, two hearts burning in unison with a newfound fiery emotion of annoyance and hatred towards the four boys, the only remaining evidence that two teenage girls ran out of a stationary shop being the soft fluttering of the curtain as it lazily swirls down with the wind to a still.

They scramble right around the whole shop and back to the pillar they started, collapsing onto the marble cylinder with their chests heaving, lips sputtering as they gasp and inhale air furiously fast. Soora's hugging the pillar for dear life whereas Yoona has one of her hands balanced on the surface of the pillar while she hunches her back and bends down to breathe in and out.

"Those—" Yoona takes a deep breath. "Bastards," She exhales, her whole body crumbling as she slides down the pillar, back against the surface and legs sprawled in front of her. Bringing her knees to her chest, Yoona throws her head back as she continues to inhale and exhale air. She turns her head to the side and is disappointed but not surprised at the sight of her sister already collapsed onto the ground, dramatically clutching at her chest and wheezing. Yoona nudges Soora hard in the ribs, causing the aforementioned to squeak out an angry response.

"Do you want to freaking break my goddamn freaking ribcage or some freaking shit because hot damn you stupid piece of shi-"

Yoona rolls her eyes and shoves her index finger onto Soora's lips sloppily to hush, said action adding fuel to Soora's annoyance and causing the younger sister to stick her tongue out to touch her elder sister's finger, darting it back in just as fast as she smirks in content at the long list of frustrated curses her sister lets out who begins to vehemently rub her index finger against her overalls, groaning in disgust.

When their breathing patterns have calmed down, they sit in silence, all sweaty and hearts pumping with adrenaline as they stare around them, strands of their hair sticking out in so many angles it resembled crow nests, their faces dazed, twitching and wide eyed as everything dawns on them.

Soora suddenly whines, throwing her hands to her sides in agitation.

"I didn't even get to show you the lantern I picked out!"

Yoona scoffs. "I'm glad. No offense Soo, but your tastes in lanterns are shit."

"Listen here you disgrace of a human being—" Soora guffaws, but is interrupted by her elder sister furiously shushing her like a pressure cooker. Muttering angrily under her breath, she keeps quiet.

"With every bit of kindness inside me—" She ignores Soora in the background. ("You don't have any in the first pla-") "Shut up, child. Now, the plan is— Namjones or whatever the hell his name is shares the same class with me. I'll go and ask the dude what his deal is. He's like, at the top of the class!" She gesticulates the last words by placing her hand above her head. "Isn't the guy supposed to be like a smartass or something?" She ends, her palm landing with a smack against her clothed thigh.

"Stop swearing." Soora grits out angrily, lips pulled into an obnoxious tight lipped forced smile towards a little girl who sits atop a bike, staring at Yoona with a mortified look as if she'd murdered someone. Yoona just snorts, shoving the middle finger centimeters in front of Soora's face. Soora's eyes zone into on the finger before rolling her eyes, her smile falling in resignation along with her hand that she'd been weakly waving to the girl when she notices the little girl biking away as if she was running (or on more technical terms, riding.) for her life.

"I hate you." Soora grumbles, crossing her hands in front of her chest.
"Sissy, it's mutual." Yoona retorts with a grunt.

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

𝐄𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄.

+
a/n:
filler chapter im sorry :(
i hoped you liked it though! ♥️
also HJSXBJS TY FOR 500+ READS AND 100+ VOTES ALREADY WH-