7.

CHAPTER SEVEN
❛ 七 ❜

❛ Right back at you, smartass

❛ Right back at you, smartass. ❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

THE GIRLS HAD SPENT the last half an hour snacking on street food, the tips of their fingers all greasy with oil and fragments of sauce embedded within the confines of their trimmed nails. Their eyes bloodshot and dressed up with the darkest of eye bags along with their hair unruly and sweat soaked, they cradle their lanterns and walk carefully and along with the hustle and bustle of the crowd, whispering furiously fast to eachother due to excitement, the blood sizzling under their veins with adrenaline at the fact that soon the dark sky would be completely lit up with thousands of glowing lanterns.

Yoona is very much aware of the lighter she'd borrowed from her father, it's light weight suddenly ponderously heavy in her overalls' pocket. Unable to conceal the wide smile that spreads across her cherry colored cheeks, she puckers her lips and blows to the side of her face, letting out a whoosh of air to send a strand of her caramel colored hair out of her face, the action remaining useless for it just flutters down and tickles her chin annoyingly. Beside her, Soora's practically screaming quietly under her breath out of excitement.

Everyone that dotted the whole street were now done purchasing their lanterns, all jogging up to the lake. The lake that the houses and buildings overlook, the lake with it's circumference being a lengthy stretch of grass. The lake that holds gallons and gallons of inky black water that ripples lazily, the lake that looks like a chasm of darkness in the emptiness of the night. The lake that shines under the unadulterated glow of the moonlight, it's waters swirling and glimmering like a galaxy of twinkling stars. The lake where you'd have to row a boat to get to the other side, said other side across the wide body of water dotted with pine tress that pierce through the night sky, it's stems and branches appearing like the tip of a paintbrush, inky black and oozing midnight blue paint to color the sky.

Everyone's giggling under their breath and furiously whispering as they get to the expanse of grass, the essence of excitement fogging the air around them. There's a soft drift of wind that glides through the sweat drenched tendrils of everyone's hair, soothing and causing goosebumps to rise on flushed arms.

Soora and Yoona hurriedly park themselves by the bank, sitting on their knees as they place their lanterns in front of them. It's nice, the blades of the grass tickling at their toes and the strands of their hair flying wildly in the wind, sticking to the tips of their lips resulting with them blowing raspberries as to get the hair out of their mouth. Despite the moon hiding behind the flurry of clouds, it still let's out an abundance of silver rays that bathes the tips of grass, the wooden slopes of trees and the foreheads of men and women, and it's all so very pretty.