11.

CHAPTER ELEVEN 十一

❝ I guess chivalry really isn't dead

❝ I guess chivalry really isn't dead. ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

IT'S GUT-WRENCHINGLY AWKWARD.

The peachy lips of Namjoon were still curled into that stupid smirk that Yoona wants to slap right off of his stupid face, with his arm levitating uselessly in the air, open for Yoona to shake. Open for Yoona, who doesn't budge. The same girl's forehead is wrinkled into a deep frown, eyes blazing with a mixture of fiery annoyance and irritation. There's silence, and then Namjoon finally breaks it.

"We meet again, Yoona."

At that, Yoona raises her foot and jams it onto his shoe.

           She watches as Namjoon's face rapdily contorts into pain, and how he yelps before staggering backwards, that stupid smirk finally falling off of his face, his lips furiously spit out rapid profanities. He hobbles on one leg, groaning in pain while trying to stand. Fortunately for him, he manages to not let out much sounds of pain that would attract the attention of the other students, and so no one notices.

"Yeah, no shit, asshole." She spits out in his direction.

Seething, her ears practically gushing out steam, she turns on her ankle and smacks at the balloon of bubblegum that was lodged in between her lips. Rolling her eyes with a scoff and tossing a middle finger his way, Yoona walks, making sure to bump her shoulder against Namjoon's shoulder hard before heading her way to their assigned station, raspberry on her tongue and heart swelling with pride.

"What the hell was that for?" Namjoon hisses, limping and standing next to her at their station.

Yoona rolls her eyes, choosing to not answer. They work in an unbearable silence, the only sounds infiltrating it being the clinks of glasses and the soft bubbling of water, amongst the loud chattering from other students in the class. It's stiflingly quiet and painfully awkward at the same time; both of them choosing not to spare the other a glance. Well, Namjoon tried- numerous times, on his hand- to spark some conversation with a few snarky comments here and there, but Yoona would just snort or scoff, before muttering a fierce 'shut up' at him, resuming her work.

Around ten more minutes into their assignment, Namjoon started to really get on Yoona's nerves.

"Um, lady? You're clearly doing it wrong. You're supposed to add one hundred and ten millilitres of water, not one hundred and nine." He hisses, yanking the beaker from Yoona's hand, who freezes abruptly at the act, eyes widening in disbelief, jaw dropping and frown deeping.