6.

CHAPTER SIX
❛ 六 ❜

❛ It looks like a literal pile of shit

❛ It looks like a literal pile of shit. ❜
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"THANK YOU," Soora says with a bow. Beside her, Yoona does the same, bowing a right angle downwards. They awkwardly smile when they hear the old man at the counter that sold them the lanterns just grunt in response, his whole appearance and demeanour screaming a sixty four year old grump of a man who curses politicians in his sleep, bald head practically gleaming polished under the light of the lanterns above him, the few strands of his hair literally plastered across his scalp due to either too much of hair gel or sweat. He waves them off with a lazy flip of his palm toward the right, other hand furiously beckoning other customers to the counter while he starts to yell out the prices of Lanterns and paints along with discounts. Soora and Yoona hurriedly scamper to the right, allowing a giggly couple to get to the counter.

Soora's tongue slides out to lap across the chapped skin of her lips before diving right back in, her index finger reaching up to the bridge of her nose to push her glasses upward and straighten them, eyebrows furrowing and nose crinkling as she does so. Brushing a stray strand of hair that fell against her eyelashes and tucking it behind her ear, her teeth nibble on her lips as she surveys the Lantern in her hands, pale whites tugging pinky flesh before they separate, rosy pink skin curling back into it's original state as side of said lips tug slightly in delight. She tries to fan the surge of excitement that blows on the inside of her like a hurricane, but fails, her metaphorical paper fan crumpling up and withering before the winds of excitement and pure euphoria flourish and expand all around her body, seeping through her muscles and into her bones, causing them to jitter in excitement and last but not least ooze into her skin, a litter of goosebumps spreading across the surface as evidence of the action.

She fails on trying to fan the excitement on the inside of her, thus immediately letting out a high pitched squeal while frantically slapping Yoona on the forearm, ignoring her elder sister's whines of agitation.

"It's so pretty!" She squeals, squeals evolving into a combination of giggles and high pitched shrieks, the scrunching of eyelids along with the slight buckle of glasses as it slides an inch forward down the slope of her nose topped with the tiny, small, discreet unladylike snort that makes an appearance all included and part of the package.

The pads of her fingers slightly dip into the delicate, papery material, skin brushing against the ivory color of the piece. It's blank, but it was still the perfect lantern for Soora. Circular yet cylindrical and not too big or too small, enough workspace for Soora to set her hand and mind free on, enough workspace for her wrist to flick and pour out her colored perceptions.

"Calm down, calm down." Yoona says, sighing, patting Soora's shoulder.

Soora just brings the lantern to her chest and hugs it, mindful of how the paper can easily tear and therefore decreasing her tight hold into a slight grace, a dainty one with aware, before letting out a content sigh, eyelids fluttering into a shut. To her left, Yoona examines her lantern, one more of a tall cuboid, the creases that dress the plain ivory creaminess of the traditional piece prettily somehow appearing to her as a series of perfectly imperfect flaws that she finds herself tracing, her thumb grazing the slight bumps and wrinkles in a soft manner. She's jerked from her trance due to Soora nudging her slightly with her elbow. Lifting her head up and averting her eyes to her younger sister, she waits. Soora's pushing her glasses upward once again, before the latter turns her head, curious eyes sparkling with lazy spheres of gold that swim in an ocean of dark chocolate hazily.