Chapter 1

{11/9/2017  AN: Finish Editing this Chapter, it's readable! I actually have all chapters finished and will be updating them TONIGHT enjoy the rereading! Thanks!}

Half-Breed Yokai

Feudal Japan, the time of when demons and priest/priestess roamed. Thirty years after the bone eater's well gate supposedly closed to the future, a mysterious force open it once again. In the cover of the night, a female demoness by the name of Harumi and her human lover, Akumo, carry a sleeping child in a protective bundle of blankets. Harumi looks around, not knowing that the protector of the bone eater's well was also watching them. She holds the child up over the well.

"Dear, are you sure?" Akumo asks.

"He mustn't have her. I should have never offered my first-born child to him without knowing that it would be you I would come to love. If there is anything worse than me going back on my word, it's a half-breed. She must go through to be safe. This note will keep her from ever coming back... But I fear that by then, we'll be dead. Goodbye, Ayoshi, dear. Live a long life in the future." Harumi whispers before she drops the child into the well. A gust of wind carried the child down to the bottom and the time portal opens as the child drifts to the bottom.

Harumi and Akumo gasp in shock as an attack comes out of nowhere and Harumi screams as she held Akumo tightly before they are destroyed into nothing. An imprint is left where they stood before the demon that attacked vanished into the darkness before the protector of the well could arrive.

Through the time portal, Ayoshi travels into the future. As she lands at the bottom of the well, a bright light emits from the well in the future side of the well. Ayoshi begins crying as she squirms in the bundle. It comes loose to reveal her dog ears. The souls of her parents seal the well so that she could never return to the past. A man-made light appears over the well and an elderly lady with a mid-twenties man looks into the well. Ayoshi cries until the young man climbs down and picks up the crying child. He picks Ayoshi up and she stops crying instantly.

"Just like Inuyasha." Sota Higurashi says, "Do you suppose she could be Kagome and Inuyasha's child?" The elderly woman shakes her head.

"I'd be able to tell, but she looks nothing like Inuyasha or Kagome." Mrs. Higurashi tells him and takes Ayoshi as Sota gets to the top of the well. Sota's wife and daughter stood at the top of the stairs at the well-house opening.

"She's so tiny." Sota's daughter, Kaede, named after the old priestess that Kagome told Sota about.

"What do we do with her?" Sota's wife, Himiko asks.

"Well, if you don't mind having a half dog demon daughter who was born 300 years ago in the past than I suppose we can raise her." Sota says. Himiko glares at Sota as Mrs. Higurashi walks up the stairs to the door. Himiko looks at Ayoshi in her mother-in-law's arms.

"She's beautiful. And that white hair. Are you sure she's not Kagome's and her husband's?" Himiko asks.

"Inuyasha was half demon and half human so, any children that he and Kagome have would be human before Kagome is full human." Mrs. Higurashi explains.

"Can I see her?" Kaede asks. Kaede was three years old and had black hair that made her look like her aunt.

"How about we get her inside? It's late." Sota says as he picks Kaede up. Kaede looks at Ayoshi. She nods slowly with a smile.

"I'm going to be her big sister!" Kaede says.

They all go inside then the sun rises as if it was timed. As if like magic, sixteen years pass and Ayoshi comes out of the house. She fixes the bow on her head that covered her ears. She turns and looks back at Sota and Himiko as she wore the middle school uniform that her aunt was always seen in. Kaede, now eighteen, runs out of the house after her sister and both girls look back at their parents.