Chapter 5

Yukai Bloodling

The week passes and the day of the dark moon comes. As the sun sets Ayoshi feels more tired than ever.

"I keep forgetting tonight is the night." She says.

"Night?" Jaken says.

"I'm half breed do the math. I lose all my powers tonight. That's why they want to have a choice to night. So if I choose wrong they can kill me easier." Ayoshi says. Sesshomaru jumps back and stands beside her protectively.

"Oh I wouldn't say that." Akane says appearing out of nowhere. Ayoshi gasps. Sesshomaru puts half of himself in front of Ayoshi. He was ready to fight.

"Oh stand down. This is the talking time." Akane says, "Ayoshi, have you decided?" Ayoshi looks towards the sun as it disappears behind the mountains completely making it pitch black moments later. She knew what she must do.

"Will Sesshomaru and Jaken be safe?" She asks suddenly.

"No harm will come to them. After all we want you only." Akane says. The cool night air blows and all the white hair blows away leaving black in it and Ayoshi's ears fade away and Akane smiles.

"So what will it be?" Akane asks. Ayoshi steps forward around Sesshomaru who looks at her with his eyes. Ayoshi's heart swelled seeing the worry in Sesshomaru's eyes hidden by the anger towards Akane.

"If I go with you then you have to leave them alone. And I want to be able to see Sesshomaru when I want. He'll be an ally after all." Ayoshi says and Akane laughs.

"Of course." Akane lies. The lie crosses Ayoshi's now human ears and Ayoshi turns and draws Bakusaiga shocking everyone.

"There's one thing I've learned all my life. I know when someone is lying." Ayoshi says. Akane growls and moves to attack Ayoshi.

"Sesshomaru, I know what we must do." Ayoshi says.

"You can't touch his sword! You don't know how to use it!" Jaken says. Akashi comes and grabs Jaken and takes the staff from him. Akane moves quickly to attack Ayoshi.

"Bakusaiga!" Ayoshi says. Nothing happens and Akane comes in to attack and Sesshomaru places his hand on Ayoshi's as she grips the sword.

"My weapon, I protect you." Sesshomaru says.

"That's what I wanted you to do!" Ayoshi says, "Bakusaiga!" The sword powers up and Akane suddenly appears hits Ayoshi throwing her and she rips the sword out of both their hands and Akane attacks Sesshomaru with it as Sesshomaru dodges it and Akashi grabs Ayoshi and holds his dagger to her throat.

"Move and she's dead." Akashi says.

"Ayoshi!" Sesshomaru says.

"Leave him be. I had my fun I'll go with you!" Ayoshi says.

"But he's not to attack us." Akane says placing the sword down.

"Retreat sister." Akashi says. Akane disappears in mist and mist begins surrounding Ayoshi and Akashi.

'I'm in love with a demon.' Ayoshi says closing her eyes. Sesshomaru grabs his sword and the three all disappear.

"I guess there's no hope for her now milord." Jaken says.

{MEANWHILE}

Ayoshi appears with Akashi in front of the demon that's been looking for her.

"Master Jaufu, we brought her." Akane says bowing. Akashi bows his hand slowly.

"Ah, finally I have you, let us be married by morning!" Jaufu says.

"My Lord, I believe you should wait. To make the dog demon Lord suffer." Akane suggests.

"There is no way he could love her. He's a demon. He hates half breeds and he hates humans. I hate both as well, but I'll over look that once I see her body." Jaufu says licking his lips. Ayoshi looks down.

"I won't do it." She says.

"Excuse me?" He says.

"You murdered my parents. I could never love you. Demons like you don't deserve to live on this forsaken planet." She says.

"You don't have to love me. Once I marry you and take your body I'll have your powers then I'll kill you. It's as easy as that. But first I'll need a demon child from you." Jaufu says.

"I would rather die now!" She says, "I'm far too young for stuff like that." Jaufu growls angrily.

"Lock her away. Make sure that dog can't get to her." Jaufu says and Ayoshi is dragged away.

She's put in a room with no windows and a sack that wasn't even close to a bed. It was small and no way someone could break into it. She sits against the farthest wall watching the door. She curls into a ball.

'Whyam I even here? I could have told Sesshomaru how I feel and maybe we could haverun. Or maybe not. His heart is a frozen box of nothing. Demons won't love ahuman. At least he won't.'Her inner thoughts say. She cries slowly and silentlyindoY5\.