Chapter 3

Half-Breed Yokai

{Later that evening}

    After Ayoshi gets a chance to recover as well as a change of clothes, she eats a few bites of meat and bread before saying she is finished eating. Kagome and Inuyasha look at her.

    "Are you alright, Ayoshi?" Kagome asks.

    "Hmm? Yeah, I'm fine." Ayoshi says. She thinks about her dead parents as well as about how Sesshomaru saved her from drowning before she stands up. Everyone in the house looks at her.

    "I need to go find him. I am going to kill the demon that hired that guy to kill me." She says.

    "And why would you do something like that? It's a dangerous world here." Inuyasha says.

    "I'm serious. The next one that comes for me, we can capture it and get info out of them." Ayoshi says.

    "If you are sure about this." Kagome says and Ayoshi nods.

    The next day, Ayoshi gets attacked and Inuyasha and Kagome trap him. Inuyasha begins torturing the guy. Kagome and Ayoshi stood nearby watching.

    "Where is your boss?" Inuyasha asks.

    "Like I would tell you, half-breed." The guy says.

    "Oh, he really hates being called that." Kagome warns. Inuyasha threatens to cut off a limb.

    "Don't! Please! He's in the northern mountain, but you won't make it. He'll keep sending demons until you are dead. You have to pay for your mother breaking her promise." The guy says.

    "Hmm, thanks for telling me." Ayoshi says before her eyes begin to glow. The guy explodes into nothing.

    "Nice, your powers are different from mine." Inuyasha says.

    "Are you sure you want to go alone?" Kagome asks.

    "Yes. That way no one has to get hurt. At least if I do die, they won't bother you all anymore." Ayoshi says.

    "We drew up a map for your journey and here's some supplies." Kagome says.

    "Thanks." Ayoshi says and takes off into the direction that Inuyasha points. Inuyasha disappears Kagome alone and confused.

{Meanwhile}

    Sesshomaru walked towards the west and Inuyasha runs behind him.

    "Sesshomaru." Inuyasha says and Sesshomaru stops walking.

    "She's gone towards the northern mountains. If you want to her, that's where she is going." Inuyasha tells him.

    "Alone?" Sesshomaru asks.

    "Yes." Inuyasha says.

    "Then let her die. Her life is of no importance to me." Sesshomaru says and walks forward.

    "Is that how you truly feel?" Inuyasha asks. Sesshomaru stops again and he glares angrily as he looks back at Inuyasha.

    "I don't care about her." He says.

    "Not even after Harumi begged you to be her betrothed instead of the demon trying to kill her?" Inuyasha asks.

    "I never accepted that." Sesshomaru says.

    "But you did, when you saved her from drowning." Inuyasha says and Sesshomaru's eyes widen before he goes back to glaring angrily.

    "I did nothing of the sort. I just stepped in to help because you were useless as always." Sesshomaru says.