MARKED • T. STARK

A child crying into her mother's arms, the sound of screams filled the little girl's ears as she sobbed softly, trying to hide from the army outside

A child crying into her mother's arms, the sound of screams filled the little girl's ears as she sobbed softly, trying to hide from the army outside. The mother shushed her, holding her close to allow the girl to feel her mother's heartbeat. She looked around to find her siblings trying not to cry as well. When the girl heard footsteps heading her way, she closed her eyes, not wanting to be found, fear rising in her chest. When a hand reached for her, she screamed for her mother. Her eyes widened and she screamed as she saw her siblings being pushed into groups, the green grass crunching under her feet as the blue sky was turning red due to the blood shed.

The girls skin turned purple in fear, her brown eyes tearing up as her voice was ripping through the chaos around her. "Leave me alone! Don't touch me!" She cried angrily and the girl tried fighting at the guard.

Her eyes glowed green, her skin turning back to its tanned color as she screamed out, an energy erupting around her to allow the people to fly away from her. She looked around, about to run away. But a large purple man stopped her, a smirk on his face while she glared at him.

"Little one, what you have is a gift." He told her. The girl glanced around and saw people screaming for their families.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked and he leaned down to her level, taking in her species to see she was unique to her kind.

"This will help your planet." He stated, wrapping his hand around the girl's shoulder while she looked over the right side getting shot down, dying easily as the other screamed for their loved ones.

"You're killing them." She breathed out while he took her towards his ship, still that smile stuck on his lips as he nods his head.

"Trust me, little one, this is what is meant to happen." He told her, her eyes lingering on her brothers and mother's body on the ground, their eyes pale and lifeless.

<><><>

Ten Years Later

The grunts of the girl's together were fighting each other, the same age group always fought every week for Thanos. Blonde hair whipped across the air, her body flipping against the body in front of her, pulling it to the ground and placing her foot to the other's neck. The green skinned girl under her choked on air, clawing at her foot as the blonde didn't give up. Her skin red, showing off her emotions and her eyes are green with the power flowing through.

With a snap, she was immediately off and she bowed in respect. "Gamora, get up. Fight Nebula." He told her, leaving the girl as the she scoffed and walked away towards the other ring.

With Thanos at the blonde's side, her skin back to her normal color, he smiled while lifted her head up by grasping her chin. "You did excellent, Esmeralda." He praised her, letting her stand as she showed her green power decreasing back into her body.

"Thank you, father." She stated softly, fear residing in her chest as she has never lost. She won't ever lose when it came to war and hate.

She was trained for this since the age of six. She looked up at him and he gave her a smile. "Rest." He told her, letting the girl leave his side as she went to her room.

She sat on her bed, looking at the ground in hate as she clenched her fist. She was angered with everything. How she has killed thousands at the age of sixteen, the loss she never got to grieve about her family, and her family that she fought with and tortured every week.

She couldn't cry because that was weakness, she couldn't smile because that was weakness, and she couldn't show any signs of weakness when it came to her 'father.'

She unclenched her fist, crescent shaped wounds opened and leaking white blood as she closed her eyes and relished in the pain. For if she could feel pain, then she could feel anything.

<>•<>•<>•

How do you think everything is so far? You're going to get some background chapters and then starting with the first Avengers! Please let me know what your thinking and tell me what I should add. Leave a comment, vote, and follow! Thank you so very much!

( Word Count 746 )

Edited