• Chapter 1.7 •

Blueberries

Esmeralda woke up in slight pain, her eyes opening to show off the dull brown color that was so dark it looked almost black

Esmeralda woke up in slight pain, her eyes opening to show off the dull brown color that was so dark it looked almost black. She blinked a few times and looked down to find cuffs over her wrists and over the railing of the bed. She looked around the room, letting her power release the cuffs as she heard the metal clank to the ground, getting up and letting her eyes roam around the room. Technology was everywhere and it was creating beeping noises as she heard a small click and whirring noise. She looked in the corner of the room and saw a camera looking over her.

She rolled her eyes, soon finding two men walk over to her as she furrowed her eyebrows. The men unlocked the door as she saw the infamous Tony Stark smirk. "Well, of course you would get out of the hand cuffs again." He told her, stepping close to her as she leaned away from him.

"Don't touch me." She stated with a growl, her eyes glowing a bright green as Tony saw this. He moved away from her, taking her warning to heart as he rolled his eyes.

"I was just going to try and remove that little neat piece of tech on your neck." He told her slyly, Bruce's eyes widened.

"Tony, Fury said not to- -"

"Fury doesn't need to know. He can't hear us at the moment anyway." He stated, interrupting the annoyed man while the girl narrowed her eyes.

"What do you want in return?" She asked, letting the man smirk.

"You tell us where the Tesseract is. Even maybe how to stop Loki's army. We know you don't like him after Thor had to drag you away." He told her as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"I don't know where the Tesseract is. Loki wouldn't tell me anything because he knew that I was against him. And the Chitauri are morons. All you have to do is somehow stop the portal from opening." She told him.

"So honestly you can't help us." Bruce told them and the girl's eyes widened.

"No, I can. Please, please, just get this damn disk off me." She pleaded to them, and this is when Tony Stark and Bruce Banner saw how broken the girl really is.

Tony sighed and chuckled slightly. "Bruce, hand me some tools." He stated while the girl sighed, happy that maybe these people could possibly convince Thanos that she has finally died.

Once the disk comes off, it shows that she would no longer have her vitals. She felt Tony walk closer to her, his finger moving her blonde hair out of the way as he got a better look at the metal clamped down on her neck. She hissed when his fingers dig around it and she kept still. "How long have you had it?" He asked, the girl looking at the floor.