Chapter 4

Gerard wasn't sure how he had found himself staying an extra day in Las Vegas. An extra day that he really couldn't afford... He should have said no to Frank. He should have told him that it was crucial he made it to work on time on Monday morning, and so he was really sorry but he couldn't possibly spend another day in the lit up city. At this rate he was going to lose his chances of scoring a cartoon deal by turning up to work ridiculously late or even worse, not at all on Monday.

Knowing that didn't stop Gerard from calling up the airport anyway and rebooking his flight, despite the fact his stomach churned the whole time he spoke to the kind woman on the phone. He spun some story about an emergency business meeting being called in the city and had to pay just a minimum fee for changing his flight time again, his mind screaming at him the whole time not to be so stupid. His heart though was doing a happy dance by the feel of things.

Gerard struggled to sleep that night, his whole body full of a nervous excitement that made him feel restless and a little sick. He didn't know how he was going to survive a whole day alone with Frankie; one thing was for sure he was going to have to make sure his body didn't get over excited.

He had only one outfit left, which consisted of another pair of trusty jeans and a casual Frankenstein t-shirt, akin to the kind of thing he used to wear in high school. He had planned to just wear it home since it was comfortable, but he would have to wear it out today too since it was suicide for Frank to see him wearing the same outfit twice in a row... But the blue jeans were an interesting fit, nice and loose but still figure hugging. But they certainly wouldn't be very good at hiding an ill timed erection.

Before getting dressed Gerard had a shower, mostly so that he could jerk off before getting dressed. He wasn't really in the mood to, he just knew that if he didn't he'd end up making a fool of himself in the end by getting a hard on at an awkward moment. Frank was just far too gorgeous, and far too seductive for Gerard to not try and get his sex drive way down before meeting up with him.

After stepping out of the shower and blow drying his hair Gerard felt a little less nervous. He even felt that his outfit didn't look too bad despite its casualness. He straightened his hair and put on a little eyeliner before deeming himself acceptable for public viewing and making his way down to the reception hall.

As the elevator travelled down Gerard took a deep breath and tried to prepare himself for the day ahead. He knew it wasn't going to be easy, spending time with Frank was going to be amazing and painful in equal doses. As much as he was thrilled he was going to be with Frank all day, he still felt like he was in a state of shock.

Why would someone as stunning as Frank ask him to spend the day with them?

Gerard was still half convinced this was all going to end up being a cruel joke, and even if it wasn't he was only going to spend the next several hours doing his best not to do anything stupid and most likely failing anyway. He couldn't imagine this day was going to end well but he still found himself walking out of the elevator as if in a daze, a puppet on Frank's strings.

Gerard made his way through the crowds of people who were stood around in the reception waiting to go into the expo for the second day and made his way outside where he had promised to meet Frank. This time he made sure he arrived on time, not wanting to seem like he was always late, but Frank was still already there when he stepped out into the bright Nevada sunshine.

"Hey!" Frank beamed when he spotted Gerard, bounding over to him and flinging his arms around his neck. Like usual Gerard blushed and stuttered ridiculously, wrapping his arms around Frank instinctively whilst his heart thundered erratically. This boy was going to be the death of him.

"You're not dressed very summery." Frank noted once he had stood back, checking out Gerard's outfit with a giggle. Gerard blushed deeply and wrapped his arms self consciously around his body, biting his lip as he looked at Frank's clothes.