Hydras

~~~~planet 1745~~~~~~~
Cortex appeared next to Kira. She had her twin swords out, everyone else was gone. There was no time to call for renforcements. They charged at the oncoming hydras...

~~~~~a day later at camp half-blood~~~~~~

The chaos cabin trudged up to to breakfast. Cortex left yesterday, but he's still isn't back. This worried them. What was the threat? What if he's dead? He can't be dead he's Percy Jackson! They sat down at the table and ate in silence. They tried to mind linking him but for some reason, it didn't reach through....

~~~~~~meanwhile on planet 1745~~~~

"KIRA!!" Cortex screamed, he slashed through the last 20 hydras, and ran through the golden dust to her side. He carefully removed the sword sticking through her stomache and healed her by using his powers, it was very taxing, but he didn't mind.
"Thanks." Kira said.
"No problem, I have to go now, could you tell the town's people that it's safe?"
"Yeah, but can't you stay for tiny bit longer?"
"I'm sorry, I can't, I don't want to worry my friends and if there's an attack at the place we are staying....."
"well you should probably go."
"Thanks Kira, bye!" With that, cortex dissolved into mist.

~~~~~~at camp half- I mean hell-hole~~~~

Cortex appeared near the chaos table. Everyone looked at him.
"Umm...Hi?"
"CORTEX!!!" The army said at the same time
"Where have you been?"
"What took you so long?"
"What were you fighting?"
"Why didn't you answer our mindlinks?"
"Why were you there for like, ages!?"
"Whoa, one at a time please!" Cortex said
"What were you fighting?"
"Um...just a couple of monsters?" Cortex said, but it came out as more of a question
"Yeah right."
"Takes you a whole night to fight 'a couple of monsters'"
"What were you really fighting?"
"Hydras." Cortex said. The entire of CHB gaped at him.
"How many, it doesn't take you a whole night to fight one hydra."
"Four armies." Cortex mumbled, to quiet to hear even with enhanced hearing.
"What did you say?" Bianca said.
Cortex cleared his throat.
"Um..Four armies of hydras."
"WHAT!?" Every one except David exclaimed.
"How... how, hydras are like impossible to kill!" Annabeth asked. Cortex just shrugged.
"I bet he had other people to kill them for him!" David shouted. The chaos army and the hunters glared at him.

Over the many years I have lived, I have never, and I mean NEVER met a more stupid person. And I've met a lot of stupid people. Zoe mind linked.

The chaos army snickered. Chiron cleared his throat and pretended not to hear what David said.
"Since we couldn't do capture the flag yesterday, how about we play a three way game today after lunch. Campers vs hunters vs the chaos army." Chiron said.

Everyone cheered.