Chapter Thirteen

I groan, rubbing my side. I'm on the floor now, as a result of whatever had just hit us a couple seconds ago. It hit us hard, and I can hear Raph groaning a little too.
"You good Rapheal?" I asked. I winced in pain as a sharp pain hit my ribs; I probably fractured a rib.
"Yeah, I'm fine. You?" He asked me.
"Yeah, I'm-OW!" I exclaimed in pain. My hand flew to my side, and I rubbed it trying to ease the pain. Raph's by me in a second, his hand cautiously touching my side.
"You don't sound fine." He said in an attempt to be optimistic.
"Shut up Raph, I'm fine." I say. Another wave of pain hits me, and I grit my teeth to prevent myself from screaming. A few tears trickle down my face. It dies down, and I speak quickly before the next wave comes.
"Raph, what the heck bowled us over?" I ask. Raph scowls.
"Mikey, I think. Now hold on, I'm taking you to Donnie." He said. A second later he picked me up gently, his hands soft despite his many callouses. I can feel us moving forward, making our way to Donnie' s room. A second later, his door opens, and Raph is calling for Donnie.
"Donnie! Come here!" He calls out.
"What is it this time Raph? What'd you break?" He says, his footsteps coming closer to us. A second later, Donnie rounds the corner, and comes over to us.
"Raph! What happened to her?" He gasped.
"It wasn't me, Donnie. In fact, I think it was Mikey. Something bowled us over when we were in my room, and it hit her side hard." Raph said defensively.
"Mikey?!" Donnie exclaimed.
"What the heck went down in your room?" He asked. Raph shifted me carefully, uncomfortable.
"Oh, I was just showing Racheal how to execute a simple upper hand punch followed by a double flip kick. She didn't learn it yet. And when she did do it, I was behind her, and something-I'm sure it was Mikey-bowled into both of us." He said, blowing out a little bit of air.
"Ok then. Put her down and I'll see what's wrong with her." He said, sighing. Raph gently set me down on the table, and stepped back.
"You can go Raph." Donnie said. He opened his mouth, and I shot him a look. He nodded, and left. Donnie carefully inspected my side, and grunted.
"What?" I asked.
"Fractured rib. You're going to have to keep it wrapped." Donnie said. He carefully wrapped a long strip of white fabric around my chest, yanking it tightly. I shrieked softly through gritted teeth.
"Sorry. I had to yank it, or it wouldn't be held tight, and then it wouldn't have healed right." Donnie said. He handed me a glass of water, and a painkiller. I quickly gulped it down, and stumbled back down the hall. I got to the dojo, where I saw the turtles training. My eyes zeroed in on Raph, but my vision wavered. I tried to ignore it, but it was hard. In a second, my wavering vision turned into black spots that danced across my eyes. It became harder to breathe.
"Raph." I wheezed. He looked over at me in surprise.
"Oh, hey Racheal. Come to train with us?" He asked.
"Can't breathe." I choked out painfully, and then I sank down to the ground.
"Rach!! Donnie, what's wrong with her?!" I heard faintly. I took in a breath, trying to keep breathing. Somebody picked me up, and then I couldn't breathe.