Chapter 2 The District IX Incident

"Grin!"

"Hey Grin!"

Huh? Gabi... Leo... Where am I?

As I open my my eyes, I start to see a white ceiling above me. It smells... smells like medicine.

"Wh-Where am I?" I gasped.

"Grin, you're awake."

D-Dad?

"Go get rest. Sleep." ~Dad

"Leo. Gabi. Where are they?" I asked.

"You've been sleeping for two days. You need more rest."

"Dad answer me!" I shouted.

We went to a room. There are beds woth white blankets. Are these dead bodies?

"Grin. You're not ready for this." Dad said.

I removed one of the blankets.

"G-Gabi..."

I started remembering everything that happened. That's right. The two of them... The two of them are gone in just one swoop. I'm alone now. They're gone. From this day, I'll be eating lunch alone. Waking up with no text message from them. Fishing alone. L-Laughing alone.

I fell on my knees as my tears start to fall. Leo. Gabi. Im sorry.

"I'm sorry."

"Excuse us, but is this Grin Takahashi's room?" Two people went inside the room.

"Um, yes. What is it?" I answered.

"They're investigators from ARM9th. They're here to ask you some questions." Dad answered.

"If you may excuse us, will you tell us what happened back then?" One of them asked.

"A MONSTER. A monster appeared. It's like a bestial but it can talk."

"A bestial can talk?"

"It's unbelievable. The bestial... It can spit out arrows. It killed Gabi. Its feet are those of a bird. It crushed Leo's head brutally."

"I think it's enough. Thank you for your cooperation."

I think they saw my expression as I speak. Gabi, Leo, I'm sorry I couldn't protect you.

A week went by.

"Leo. He still has some dreams. It's too early for him to die." Leo's Mom lamented.

"Gabi... I bought these lipsticks for you. I thought you wanted them, but now..." Gabi's dad, Mr Mirai said.

"Mr and Mrs Ado, Mr Mirai, I'm sorry. I couldn't protect Leo and Gabi." I bowed down.

"This is no one's fault. Don't blame yourself. You're a victim as well." ~Mr Mirai

I don't want any regrets. Gabi, Leo, I hope you're in a better place now.

"Dad, where are we going?" I asked my Dad as he drives the car.

"From now on, your life will change."

"Huh?"

As we go further, I started seeing a huge building.

"D-Dad.. are we going to..."

"ARM9th." He answered.

"What does this mean?" I asked.

"Without Gabi and Leo, I don't think you cans survive. Living as a warrior of ARM9th, you're--"

"You signed me up to become a warrior?"

"Grin, this is the only thing which I think is the best for you. I taught you a bit of hand to hand combat. "

I started to keep silent as Dad kept on discussing.

We soon arrived at the building. It's huge and has a very high security inside.

"Takahashi. You brought him."

Giren Mirai. A Class Warrior. Leader of Mirai Team. Karabuki: Melee Type

Gabi's dad...

"Your papers are ready. Everything's settled. Let's go to Chief Mataro's office."

We walked around. This place is so formal and secured. Everyone's serious.

"Chief Mataro, we're here." ~Mr Mirai

"Oh you're here."

Mataro, Chief Of Staff of the ARM9th.

He's the Chief of Staff? Woah. Im seeing a very prominent personality here.

"Chief, this is Grin, my son." Dad introduced.

"Grin Takahashi. From now you're a warrior of ARM9th. We've seen records of your training with your father. No applications needed. Also, I hope you have recovered from the incident.

We went outside the office.

"Grin. I have to go. I still have work to accomplish. If you'll excuse me. Mr Mirai will assisst you here. See ya." Dad left.

"Gabi. She kept on telling me to stop working and go home."

"Mr. Mirai, Gabi wanted to become an actress. She wanted to be shown on TV."

"Sigh. We can do nothing now. She's already on a better place."

"Y-Yeah."

"Oh, now now. Here's your team placement." He gave me am envelope.

"Grin, this change your life forever. From now on you'll be living with them."

"W-Who?"

I started to get nervous.

"Take a look at it."

I opened the envelope amd read the paper inside.

"U-Uchiyama?"

"Uchiyama Team. They're your new family. Now then, I'll be tsking you to your new home."

All these things are happened so suddenly. I can't even cope up to it. Will I be able to face this new life? Out of the blue, I became a warrior of ARM9th which will change my life forever. Gabi, Leo. Watch me.

To be continued
Chapter 3: Uchiyama Team