Chapter 5: Geunian Raid

"What's with that look, Mr Newbie?" Zam mocked.

He's coming up with that topic. I don't know his intentions, but...

"What about it, Zam?" Taro asked.

"Well, it's about the three 19 year-old freshmen of A university at District XV"

I'm starting to shake.

"They went on District IX together, and at the rumored haunted Legume River, they were attacked by an unknown creature."

Urghh...

"The two died, but one of them survived."

"That seems pretty tragic" Mai said.

"The one who's in front of us, is the coward survivor of the incident, yes. Grin Takahashi. It's you, right?" He mocked.

"What?" They were all shocked

"U-Uhhh.."

"I won't be accepting any weakling in this team. Grin Takahashi, you're going to be a disgrace." He continued.

"Hey Zam! Don't you know how he feels right now? He just lost his friends!" Sunny entered.

"Whatever! He's a weak! If he can't protect his friends, what more for us? He'll just give us trouble everytime!"

"Z-Zam-san!" I entered.

"Huh?"

"No one from us wanted that to happen. But now, will you let me show you my worth in this team?" I spoke up.

"Ohh, so what are you provoking now?"

"Fight me." I asked.

"Ohh. Really?"

"Taka, are you serious about this?"

"You know what, you're a great comedian, y'know? Go away, before I have the chance to kill you right here." He mocked.

* telephone rings *

We were silenced by the telephone. Gomi soon answered it.

"Hello?"

"Is this the Uchiyama Team?"

"Yes. This is Orin"

"This is from HQ. It's Urgent. "They are here. They're currently terrorizing Magenta Forest of District VI! They set fire to it! Hurry up before the whole Magenta Town turns into ash!"

"Those guys... they're avenging after what happened yesterday!" ~Sunny

"We'd better hurry! All of us will go!" ~Leader

Huh? What's going on? I don't get it!

"Are we gonna get paid for this?" ~Zam

"Hey, newbie, come with us. Mai, let's go." The leader commanded.

"OH YEAH! I'm going to do mission!" Mai exclaimed.

"Hey Mai. Don't celebrate. This is not a mission, this is an emergency!" The Leader explained.

"Y-Yes." ~Mai

"Let's go everyone."

We rushed to the car which is on the garage. Gomi-san drove it.

"Magenta Forest is 16 km away, we can make it faster through the shortcut I know." Gomi said.

"Those bastards... We should have finished them off back then! Thanks to Zam!" ~Sunny