Chapter 4: The Seventh Member

"Have you packed up your things already?" Dad asked.

"Ugh. I'm not even an official member yet. Dad, why'd you enlist me all of a sudden?" I asked.

"Grin, we had no choice. There's nowhere else for you to live. I hope you understand." He answered.

Well, actually, ever since I was a kid, he always persuaded me about joining ARM9th. He taught me how to fight hand on hand. But I'm the one who kept on refusing, because I don't want to leave Leo and Gabi alone... But now...

"You can do it, Grin!"
"What's the matter, you don't have to worry. We're all okay here."

Gabi and Leo's voices... Yeah. I know.

"Grin, let's go."

"No, Dad. I think I can go there by myself." I insisted.

"Huh? But..."

"Don't worry, I know how to get there by myself."

"Sigh. Alright, be careful then."

I was about to go, but Dad tapped my shoulder.

"I almost forgot. Here." He handed over suitcase. I opened it.

"Dad, what's this?"

"You're chosen to be the heirloom of this weapon. It looks like a simple bo-staff, but it's made of hard material, a very rare mineral. Carry it on your back everytime, and take care of it."

I gazed at it. It's great to have a weapon like this.

"Thanks, Dad."

"Now then,"

I took off the bus. This is District V.

"I can see it from here. It sure looks cool."

I climbed up the hill. It's a bit far, but this will be the first step of my training. Geez. I wonder what will happen today.

"Uhh.. that wasn't cool. * pants *"

"Oh, that's..." Gomi noticed me. "Taka! What are you doing??" He asked.

We went inside the house. Everybody's not around yet. Maybe I came too early.

"You sure woke up very early" he said.

"Oh, yeah. This day is special, that's why." I replied. "So what's my entry test with you?"

"Oh well, I accept you to the team, however, I'll use this oppurtunity to see your skills."

"So, we're gonna fight?" I asked.

"No, we're gonna cook for breakfast. A meal for the six-- , I mean seven of us."

He showed me the kitchen.

"Gomi-san, what are we going to cook?" I asked.

"Omellete. Seven plates of omellete. However, each one is different."

"I see..."

We started working on the kitchen. I helped chop the ingredients amd beat the egg.

"Mai, Taro, and I likes it simple." He said.

"Mine too. Let's make four of those. How about the others?" I asked.

"Sunny, she may look ladylike and timid, but hey, don't let her fool you. She's a big eater. She can finish all of these. That's why we'll make big proportions for her."