Chapter 3: Uchiyama Team

"Grin. Do your best on coping up with your new life. It will never be the same as before."

"I hope so, Mr. Mirai. Dad suddenly enlisted me here. I haven't prepared myself." I said.

"Grin, will you do me a bit of a favor?"
Mr. Mirai asked.

"Oh. What is it Mr. Mirai?" I replied.

"Will you visit Gabi often? You three are always together, while I, her parent, was always away from her. Tu--"

"Tulips." We spoke at the same time.

The silence covered as we go further.

"Oh, we're almost there." He said.

The place. It's like a mountain. I think this is a chateau. It's surrounded by a small forest with tall trees. This is cool.

I saw a house. It's big, but not that huge. There's a tall man watering the plants. A caretaker?

"We're here" ~Mr. Mirai.

"Oh, if it isn't..." the man approached us. "Mirai-san! What brings you here? And who's that man with you?"

"Good afternoon, Orin. We came here to discuss a significant change. Are all of the others inside? This is important." Mr. Mirai said.

We walked towards the house. Around the aisle is a garden of different, colorful flowers.

"Only Mai and I are here. The others are on a mission. Oh, they'll be back soon. Sunny just texted." the guy answered.

"Leaving a Lead Tank like you? They really have guts, huh?" ~Mr. Mirai

"Hehehe. I wom't have to worry since Taro is with them."

(Gomi Orin, "Hitter Tank", 35, B-Class Warrior. Team Position: Lead Tank, Fighter. Karabuki: Tank Type Spiked Shield)

We went inside. The house is really simple. There's a TV, sofa, and a table on the living room.

"The same look as always." Mr. Mirai commented.

"Gomi-san, Let's go to the city. I need a new sketch book. Oh, Mr. Mirai! And..." A young girl went downstairs.

"Uri, it's been a while. Can you do missions now?" Mr. Mirai asked.

"Well, I've been living with my Karabuki for two years already and still I can hardly improve. They rarely take me to missions."

(Mai Uri, 16, Unranked Warrior. Team position: Sub Fighter. Karabuki: Melee Type Butterfly Daggers)

"Well, well. I think you should train more often. Especially now." ~Mr. Mirai.

"Oh! The stew for dinner! I forgot! If you'll excuse me, sir!" The man named Gomi rushed towards the kitchen

"Aaaagh! You forgot again, Gomi-san! If you'll excuse us."
The girl named Mai added.

"They're oddly funny, right?" Mr. Mirai smiled.

"Y-Yeah."

* Doorbell rings *

"I'm home." A guy that looks like around my age appeared. "Oh, Mirai-san?"

(Zam Kaneko, "XBow",  19, B-Class Warrior. Team Position: Lead Marksman Karabuki: Projectile Type Miniature Crossbow.)

"Oh. You came at the right time." ~Mr Mirai

"Mai! I bought you a new drawing pad! Come check it out. Mr.Mirai? Oh, good evening."

(Sunny Akaike, "Lightning Shot", 25, B-Class Warrior. Team Positon: Main Marksman. Karabuki: Lightning Bullet Sniper)

"Gomi-san, Mai, we're home. Oh, Mr. Mirai, what brings you here?"

(Taro Inoue, "Raven",  25, A-Class. Team Position: Lead Fighter, Tank. Karabuki: Melee Type Conical Lance)

A woman and a man followed. They're coming one after another. I'm starting to get out of place.

"I'm home." A woman followed. She has a short, pink hair. She's strong...

(Heidi Uchiyama, "Scissors", 29, S-Class. Team Position: Leader, Main Fighter. Karabuki: Melee Type Slender Scissors)

"Alright. Since all of you are all here. Let's have this discussion already.

We went towards the living room and sat down. Man, I don't know what to do here.

"Hey there, what's your name?" The woman with glasses asked.

"Uh.. Hi I'm... Grin Takahashi. Nice to meet you all." I answered.

"Oh. Is he your new team member, Mr. Mirai?"

"Maybe his PA."

"Maybe a new caretaker of the house."

"Maybe a cook?"

"A gardener."

"Everyone, he is..." They were silenced as Mr. Mirai entered. "He is the seventh member of this team. Grin Takahashi. Take care of him."

Silence stayed but the shock on their faces are shown.

"Mr Mirai. I refuse." The short haired woman said.

"Uchiyama?" ~Mr Mirai

"I won't accept any more member for this team."

"But, Uchiyama, this was orders from the Chief of Staff."

"Six members are enough. I'm sorry, but I won't accept him here."

"Heidi-san, it will be better to have him here. We need one last member for more manpower and survival." Gomi-san added.

"Leader is correct. If everyone knew that we'll have a new member, they'll say that we're underrated in a group of six. I don't like being underestimated." the guy around my age said.

"Heidi-san, let's accept him to the team." the blue haired man suggested.

"Okay guys! I have an idea! Why don't we do an entry test for him?" The girl with glasses suggested.

"Entry test?"

"Tomorrow, each one of us will handle him, one by one. During that, each of us will test him. Let him do what we tell him to, just for one hour each."

"Oh I get it. Okay, I'm in." Gomi-san said.

"Me too, I agree, Sunny-nee" the young girl said.

(T/N: "-nee" is added to the end of the name to address an older sister in Japanese)

"Whatever Sunny says, I'll agree." The blue haired man said.

"Disagree" the guy around my age said.

"Heidi-san, please?" Mr. Mirai plead

"Sigh. Okay. I'll give you one day. ONE DAY IS ENOUGH." She replied.

"Alright!!" Some of them shouted.

After that, I came to my Dad's small room for the meantime. Sigh. It's a big day tomorrow. My life is changing. Don't worry, Gabi, Leo, I'll still be the Grin you always knew.

To Be Continued
Chapter 4: The Seventh Member