Six

"I miss them already." Madiana sighed over the laptop as her sister chuckled.

"Maddie, but you just saw them about two hours ago." Madiana's elder sister, Linda exclaimed.

"How are they? Are they asleep already?" Maddie asked her sister with so much excitement in her voice.

Trust me, no one loved children more than Maddie. That was one of her weaknesses. She had a soft spot for kids and wouldn't hesitate to play with them.

Madiana had spent the weekend in her elder sister's home, taking care of Linda's kids, Kyle and Stormi.

Linda had begged her younger sister Maddie to come help take care of her kids as she and her husband, Collins traveled to celebrate their wedding anniversary.

Maddie was thrilled to look after her sister's children for the weekend and she had fun with them. She just returned to her apartment and she misses the two little cuties already.

"They are fine. Collins is preparing them for bed." Linda replied with a smile.

"You know, I can't wait for you to have your own children already." Linda chipped in.

Madiana blushed.

"Why do you say that?" she asked.

"Oh trust me, Maddie, your child will be the luckiest human in the world. I mean you are naturally good with kids, Trust me, you will be a great mother." Her sister complimented and Maddie smiled.

"Maybe." She replied shyly.

"Hope you enjoyed your trip with Collins," Maddie asked her sister.

Linda blushed

"Okay, I think I should be expecting baby number three," Maddie announced as she plopped down on her bed and carefully placed her laptop in front of her, so her sister could see her clearly.

"That's too soon Maddie." Linda replied from the other side.

"I'm serious, Stormi is due for a baby sister" Maddie teased which made Linda groan.

"Not now Sis. I'm still trying to balance my life with these two." She said but was interrupted by Kyle who ran into his mother's room. As soon as he saw that his mom was face timing his Aunt, he got very excited and chipped into the conversation.

"Aunt Maddie!!!" Kyle screamed. Linda adjusted the laptop so Maddie would be able to see Kyle properly.

The little boy was in his pajamas already.

"Hello sweetheart, aren't you supposed to be in bed by now?" Madiana asked the four-year-old.

"Yes, but daddy is tucking Stormi in first." he grinned

"I miss you, Aunt Maddie." Kyle pouted.

"I miss you too, my baby," Maddie said as she threw him a kiss through the laptop and Kyle pretended to catch the kiss and they all chuckled.

"Kyle??" A loud voice called, it was Collins, Kyle's dad.

"Daddy is calling me already. Bye aunt Maddie, love you." Kyle said

"Love you too darling," She replied.

"Goodnight mom," Kyle kissed Linda's cheek before he ran out of her room.

"He's so adorable." Maddie awed as soon as Kyle left.

Madiana used to live in her Sister's house but as soon as she got a new job, she had to relocate to her own apartment, and besides, she couldn't stay with her sister forever.

"So, I forgot to ask. How are you coping with your new job? I hope you're enjoying it there."

"Yes, I am. It's better than my previous one." She replied honestly.

"So you still haven't seen your Boss?" Linda asked.

"Yeah, Ethan said..." before Maddie could complete her statement, she was cut off by her sister.

"Ethan?" Linda asked with a smirk

"Oh, not that Lin. Ethan and I are friends. Even though he's my other Boss, he asked me to address him by his first name." She explained.

"That's so nice of him," Linda replied.

"Yeah, so my Boss was supposed to resume last week but he has not found a nanny for his son so Ethan said he will be resuming tomorrow."

"I find it strange, you have been working there for over a month without seeing your Boss."

"Yeah, I know. But we do communicate via email because he works from his house. But I've seen his picture and he's pretty handsome." Madiana smiled.

"Hmm. I will keep that in mind." Linda chuckled.

"I have to go Sis. I still have to arrange Kyle and Stormi's backpack for tomorrow."

"That reminds me, I bought a carton of juice and chocolates for them. It's in the snack cupboard."

"But I told you not to buy anything Maddie." Linda groaned.

"I couldn't help it, Sis. They wanted it." Madiana pouted.

"Alright, thanks for everything, my love. Best of luck with your Boss tomorrow."

"You're welcome and thank you." Maddie rolled her eyes as she ended the call.

PLEASE CHECK OUT THE FULL BOOK ON INKITT. THANK YOU!