C-2

C-2

"Noona!"

I saw Jisung waving at me from a distance. I'm at my locker organizing my stuff before going home.

"Hi, Han," I greeted him when he got in front of me, slightly panting because he ran.

"Wanna go home together? I'm not going anywhere with my friends today," he says.

"Sure, let me just finish this." I zip my bag and close my locker. "Let's go."

We walk side by side to the bus stop and after a few minutes, the bus arrived and we entered and payed. There is only one seat left so I just stood by it and hold onto the safety strap above.

"No! You can have the seat," Jisung says.

"Are you sure?"

He nods and smiles.

I took the seat and he stood beside me.

Han Jisung is my neighbour. He's like a little brother to me and my parents like him too since he's the one who helped me adjust in the city when we moved here. Sometimes I call him Han because he told me he likes that nickname even though it's just his last name.

I'm only forty-four days older than him but he keeps on calling me noona so I just let him, I don't even know why.

After a few minutes, we arrived at our stop and we went out. We walk towards our houses which are beside each other.

"Have you heard?" he suddenly asks.

"What is it?"

"I'm not sure but our classmates were talking about someone from class D being transferred to our class," he says. "Who do you think it is? I heard the student has a connection that's why he's being upgraded to our section."

"I have no idea, I don't really know a lot of our schoolmates to be honest," I say as we step in front of my gate.

"That's true," he says. "It's like a miracle when you sat with us for lunch earlier. Where have you been staying?"

"Oh, um... it's currently too packed to go there so I think I'll be eating at the cafeteria for a while."

I sigh in relief as I replied without stuttering. I don't like lying as much as possible, but I don't know what else to tell Jisung. I just can't say that I'm not going to the rooftop anymore because I'm avoiding Lee Minho's nerve-wracking presence.

"That's too bad but it's alright, I like having you around anyway. I mean, I like the foods you bring." He scratches his nape.

"I'll make some for you too next time then."

"Really?! I mean, if it's not too much."

"It's okay, I cook for fun anyway."

"Thank you." He smiles. "Bye, noona!" He walks towards their house.

"Bye, Han!" I say and went inside mine.

After entering the door, I took off my shoes and made sure there's no dust on the ground before wearing my inside slippers. My mom doesn't like it if we wear shoes inside-a typical Asian household.

"I'm home!"

"Hey there, Y/n," my brother greets me.

"Oppa, where's mum? Isn't it her day-off?"

"She went grocery shopping. She'll be home anytime now."

Just then we heard someone shouting outside.

"Taeil! Help me get the groceries out of the car!"

My brother scratches his head as he looks at me.

"I bet she bought the whole store again. Help me, sis?" He smiles pleadingly.

"Let's get it!"

We went to the garage and help mum take the things inside. After that, I went to my room to change and did my homework.

My mum called us for dinner and I helped her prepare the table. Dad got home from work and the four of us enjoyed the meals.

Since I have no friends, I always look forward to eating with my whole family. It's my favourite hangout. I'm alone most days of the week since they're always busy so I cherish these moments.

My mum and dad both work so they're mostly out and my brother is a trainee in one of the biggest entertainment companies in South Korea and he lives in a dorm, only visiting a few times a month irregularly.

Me?

I'm an average student in my last year of high school who has a boring life and that's basically it.