1 | umbrella

🇲​​​irae sighs deeply, as she gets up from her high top stool at a small cosy coffee shop that she's all too familiar with

🇲​​​irae sighs deeply, as she gets up from her high top stool at a small cosy coffee shop that she's all too familiar with. She thought that maybe waiting out the rainy weather would have done her justice but how wrong she was.

The gloomy weather had only gotten worse with each second that ticked by. Droplets of water rushes in from skyward in quick successions, only to meet the hard concrete floor down below.

Before she steps out into the pelting rain she forces open her compact umbrella in a quick motion. As she stands, feet planted together, her hazel eyes stares - somewhat longingly - at the black arched material above her for nothing more than a moment.

Over the material she notices both hers and her ex-boyfriends names sewn on to it - one below the other - in a simple, crisp white cotton thread;

Mirae
Jungkook

Her staring stops at once, her gaze faltering in front of her, as she allows her lips to heave a heavy, almost saddened breath of air before stepping out onto the pavement. Each step she takes is slow and regular, inching her towards her apartment.

Jungkook is the boy that managed to break her heart which she always so openly wore on her sleeve. He tore it to bitter shreds but for some unworldly reason she doesn't detest him for it.

Perhaps she doesn't believe what had happened or maybe it's because he's her first love - because don't they always leave an exudingly powerful impact on oneself that never seems to completely fade away no matter how much time passes by?

Alas, the latter theory seems more appropriate simply by the fact that Mirae still hasn't chucked away any of the items Jungkook had gifted her. In fact, they're still in her regular, everyday use, like right now for instance.

Mirae finds herself standing near the edge of a crossing line. She looks to her left, her right, then quickly to her left again before declaring it safe to cross. Her legs carry her across the tarred road in careful strides before she finally reaches the opposing pavement. Once there she resumes her steady walk back home.

A turn, passed a vegetable hawker - whose now packing up his stock - near the roadside catches her attention but what tears her gaze away from the old man is the sudden appearance of an all too familiar form just a few metres ahead of her.

From her sudden recognition, she feels her pulsing heart stop momentarily within its cage. She quickly averts her eyes downward to the wet pavement, trying to regain her stamina because she hadn't expected to see Jungkook, especially out in this weather since he hates the rain.

'Why is he out here? Without an umbrella even?' Mirae wonders, in much concern.

She dismisses the thought at once from her spiraled mind and without a moments delay she fast steps to close the distance between them, and without a single word uttered from her delicate pink lips, she shelters Jungkook with her umbrella.