5 | hug in a mug

🇭​​​​​e head nods, rather cutely at Mirae's sudden confusion

"We promised that we'd make those hug in mug cuppacino's together but... we never got the chance to because..." Jungkook trails, his tone reflecting sadness.

"It's fine Jungkook, you don't have to say it." She calmly speaks, picking up from where Jungkook stopped. "And I remember now, how could I forgotten something that special?" She bites the inside of her cheek, the nervousness building within her - these conflicting feeling are killing her.

Jungkook still remembers their silly promise which they had made months ago at the supermarket simply because they saw a little girl carry boxes of Hug in a Mug's while jumping up and down in excitement.

She smiles lightly at the thought as she waits for Jungkook to continue speaking.

"Well... I know I'm asking a lot..." Mirae senses his rising tension and build up of nervousness in his voice but she listens, attentively as he looks anywhere but at her. "Maybe we can fulfil that promise now... but if you really don't want to I completely under-"

Jungkook is cut off when the sound of Mirae's apartment door suddenly shuts and his head instantly shoots up in surprise. He panics on the inside, pondering if Mirae disregarded his request but alas his body soon relaxes when his eyes meets hers.

She steps foward, her arms crossing over her bunny shirt as she looks at him whilst ever so slightly she nervously bites on her lip.

While Jungkook thought that she had left him for dead, Mirae was having implications of her own. Somehow, her tummy had filled up with millions and millions of butterflies. His request was seemingly innocent but to her it's totally outrageous!

The thought of doing something with Jungkook again was eating her inside out and the look on Jungkook's face held pure bliss - he honestly hadn't expected her to actually accept his request but he soon realises that he's being met with her kindness once again.

As she slips into Jungkook's apartment she offers the words, "I'm only doing this because I don't break the promises I keep."

He smiles brightly watching her small form enter his home and he couldn't be any more over the moon.

° ° °

Jungkook allows her to walk ahead of him. Soon she enters his kitchen and comes to a halt at the island. Propping her elbows over the granite top, she watches Jungkook ever so cooly glide passed her and over to the kettle, flipping it on.

In a swift motion he turns to face her, then he leans against the counter opposite to her. A pout forms on her lips and she softly asks, "Do you even have those hug in a mug cuppacino's?"

Jungkook only smirks at her making her straighten up, "Jungkook, I swear on Jimin's cheeks we are not going out in that weather!"

But he only cackles at her reaction and she just stares at him with a huge fat pout, "Jungoo!"