Chapter 1

"Faster,must go faster." Ian thought as the car drove away with him facing the menacing T-rex running towards them. The distance between the two seemed to be quickly getting closer and closer however, just as the beast was about to reach the car the scene shifted and Ian was standing in the rain the warm glow of the flare he was holding in his hand a T-Rex coming straight at him.

"Over here," He heard a voice say and he quickly turned to see Y/N standing a flare in her hand as well except she was waving it around. "Over here! Hey!"

"Y/N what are you doing!" Ian screamed as he watched the T-Rex's attention turn to Y/N.

"I'm sorry Ian, I love you!" She screamed when the T-Rex suddenly snapped it's jaws around her.

"No!" Ian cried bolting upright breathing heavily, he had sweat dripping down his naked torso and he could barely compose himself. All he could see was the T-Rex chomping down on Y/N.

"Ian," Y/N replied as she woke up quickly sitting up so she was facing him.

"Oh thank god!" He sobbed as he wrapped his arms around her tightly pulling her into him.

It had been almost a year since the events of Isla Nublar had occurred and still most nights Ian woke up screaming and Y/N comforted him until he fell back asleep. They had been dating for almost 3 years before he had left for the island. She hadn't gone, she was supposed to accompany Ian but something had come up. Ian was thankful for that. But even though she hadn't been put through the horrors of what the island had in store, Ian could not stop thinking about what would have happened if she would have been there.

"Hey it's ok everything is alright, I'm ok, I'm right here." She soothed running her fingers through his black curls.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I thought...uh... I thought it was getting better." He said taking deep breaths pushing down all the anxiety and the visions as far as he could.

"You need to go see someone, you need to talk to someone about this, because it's not getting better and I'm getting worried."

"Y/N, I can't go talk to anyone about it, no one, no one believes me. Everyone thinks I'm absolutely nuts. And if I go to a shrink claiming that I am having nightmares about dinosaurs attacking me because I was attacked by dinosaurs, they are going to lock me in the nuthouse. I have already lost my job and my reputation, I don't have that much more to lose." He said sadly as he lay back down running his hands over his face.

Y/N growled as she hopped out of bed grabbing Ian's shirt and slipping it on. "I hate this Ian. I hate to see you like this, and I hate the way everyone has been treating you. Especially Ingen, trying to buy your silence, when all you are trying to do is tell the truth." She began pacing at the foot of the bed. "And what about Dr. Sattler and Dr. Grant, why haven't they come out to help!"

"Y/N" Ian started.

"And don't even get me started about John Hammond, he has not done anything to help, he just slipped into his billion dollar mansion and hid."

"Y/N" Ian sat up once more, a slight smile on his face as he looked at his beautiful girlfriend whose face was now turning red from how angry she was getting.

"Maybe," She said running back to the bed and hopping in. "Maybe, I could do a news story about it."

Y/N was the lead newscaster for a national news station based out of San Diego.

"Sweetheart while I appreciate the gesture, I don't think anyone is going to believe you even if you do air it on nation tv." He smiled.

"But what if I prove to them that what you are saying is real and that it actually happened." Y/N said and Ian's smile quickly fell.

"What do you mean?"

"What if I go to the island," She said and Ian's heart sank. She continued to talk more about her plans but Ian couldn't hear her, instead his mind had traveled back to his nightmare, and the nightmares he had had before, all which included Y/N being killed by dinosaurs. "John wanted me to go in the first place so maybe I can convince him..."

"No!" Ian snapped roughly grabbing her shoulders so she was looking at him. "You cannot go to that island."

"Ian?" Y/N gasped staring at him shocked. "But if it will show people that you aren't crazy or just making this all up."

"I don't give a fuck about my reputation Y/N! Not if it means that I will lose you in the process. And if you go to that island you will die. Do you understand me!"

"Ian." Y/N gasped again as his grip on her arms tightened.

"There might not be any of them left on the island, but I am not going to take that chance. You saw what happened to me. People died Y/N, in ways that I can't even describe to you because of how horrific it was. And everyday I just thank God that you weren't there. So please, please don't ever talk about wanting to go to that island. Ever!" He said his voice cracking as tears welled up in his eyes.

They stared at each other for a moment, Y/N still shocked, before Ian finally released his grip on her arms.

"I'm sorry Ian, I didn't mean to upset you." She said and he quickly pulled her into his arms.

"I didn't mean to get so upset Y/N, it's just the thought of losing you terrifies me more than any of those dinosaurs did."

"We are going to get through this, together I promise. Everything will get better. I know it will." Y/N soothed again as she kissed Ian before they both laid back down, Y/N resting her head on Ian's chest. While Ian slept, Y/N thought of a plan to get herself into Jurassic Park