Chapter 7

He spent the whole night planning and trying to figure out what they were going to do when they got to the island, he didn't even notice what time it wasn't until he heard a knock on the door that he realized it was 6 a.m.

He backed away from the map he had made on the wall taking one last look at it before heading to the door.

"Hey are you ready to go Ian... oh my god." Allan said as he came into the room. "Did you stay up all night."

"You said we needed a plan so I came up with one."

"God is that a map of the island."

"Yeah, from what I could remember at least. I figure if we start at the gates, since that is where she went missing, then we can go from there."

"Hey guys are we, holy shit!" Ellie said as she came into the room.

"Alright let's go." Ian said as he made his way towards the door.

"Wait Ian," Alan called as both him and Ellie followed each other out.

"We don't have time, she's been there for almost 4 days now. We have to leave."

"Are you actually ready to go back." Alan said and Ian froze slowly he turned back finding the two of them looking at him the same fear in their eyes. "Because I'm not going to lie, I'm not."

Ian sighed. "I know I'm not either. But she is there because of me. I can't just sit around and hope she comes back. I have to do something. I'm not going to force you guys to come."

"Of course we are coming Ian." Ellie said and Ian smiled slightly.

"Thank you," He said and then they all started to leave again.

"How are the dinosaurs even still alive, shouldn't they have died after the first few days without lysine, I thought that was the whole plan for Hammond." Ian asked as they hopped into the car.

"Well I think you said it Ian, life finds a way." Alan said as they made their way to the helicopter.

Ian could feel the nervous energy in the car growing as they slowly made their way closer to the helicopter pad. From there it would be a brief 20 minute ride and they would be back in hell.

The minute that the three saw the helicopter they all let out a worried sigh.

They all hesitated for a moment before they got of the car heading towards the helicopter.

"Do you remember what you were thinking when we got on this the first time?" Alan yelled as they climbed in.

"I honestly had no clue what to think. John had just pulled us from the dig and he wasn't explaining anything." Ellie replied

"I was thinking John had made a giant part made of plants and animatronics I had never expected to see actual dinosaurs." Ian said.

"Even after everything that happened I still will never forget that moment when we first saw them." Alan said.

"Yeah and I'll never forget being thrown through a bathroom roof by one either." Ian said causing everyone to laugh.

But the minute the helicopter took off the laughter stopped.

"God," Ellie sighed putting her head in her hands.

"Hey, it's going to be ok." Alan said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder rubbing her arm.

Ian watched this a sad smile on his face as he worried that he would never get to hold Y/N again.

"Ian, we are going to find her." Alan insisted.

Ian just nodded as he looked out the window watching the land change to ocean. He could feel his hands shaking.

"Ok so when we land, we head to the gates, when I talked to John he said he would have a vehicle waiting for us." Alan started.

"Wait, John still has people on the island.But that means he mean knew." Ian gasped.

"What do you mean."

"God he said I thought she would be protected, he never said that he didn't know if the dinosaurs were alive. He let her go knowing that the dinosaurs were still alive and roaming free."

"And he sent us there without any warning." Ellie gasped.

"What the hell!" Alan exclaimed.

"What are we going to do?" Ellie said.

"We continue on like we didn't know, we can't let it affect us or else we are never going to make it off the island. We stick to the plan, we find Y/N and then we get the hell of out of there, and once we leave we can go after John." Ian insisted.

Alan and Ellie looked at each other before they nodded turning back to look out the window as the island came into view.

"Well, here we go." Alan sighed.

When the helicopter landed they all stayed put for a second gulping before they hopped out of the helicopter.

"Come back in 12 hours, ok no more!" Alan yelled at the pilot.

"Alright let's go!" Ian yelled as he hopped in the driver's seat of the jeep.

As soon as everyone got in, Ian took off speeding through the jungle swerving through trees.

"Ian you need to slow down." Ellie yelled.

"We have to get to those gates." Ian yelled back.

"Turn here!" Alan yelled as he gripped a map he had found in the jeep in one had and the side of the jeep with the other.

Ian took a sharp turn before slamming on the breaks as they stopped in front of the gates. He had barely put the car in park before he sprang out looking around.

"What are you doing?" Alan asked as he got out.

"We need to look for something some evidence that might point us in the direction of where she went, please just look." Ian begged.

"Ian?" Ellie called out and the minute Ian heard the tone of her voice his stomach dropped.

Slowly he made his way over to her where he found her holding out something towards him. The minute he recognized it he about collapsed.

"No, no, no." He gasped grabbing the necklace. "This... this is uh... her necklace the one I gave her I..." Ian started staring at the compass necklace, flipping it over to find the engraving he had put on there. "Find your way back to me." He had given it to her on their first anniversary. She never took it off. He felt his leg start to buckle again and he quickly reached his arm out and Ellie caught him.

"Hey, Ian this doesn't mean anything. It could have just fallen when they ran, everything is going to be fine ok." Ellie tried to sooth.

"Yeah, yeah." Ian sighed as he tried to convince himself.

"They were attacked by a raptor." Alan said.

"Yeah, I saw it, I saw it during her broadcast."

"It doesn't look like anyone died. Someone did get injured I can see blood. But it also looks like the raptor was injured as well. I see some bullet casing."

"We need to find her, quick. If someone who was with her was bleeding, that is only going to lead them too her." Ian said as he quickly slammed the necklace into the pocket of his jacket.

"I do see some human tracks they head back into the jungle." Alan said.

"Alright then let's follow them." Ian said rushing back to the truck.