Chapter 4

It was an hour before Y/N was supposed to be up and read to fly to the island. However, she had not slept a wink, instead she just lay on the bed thinking of Ian.

"How could you?"

"Did you ever think about what this would do to me?"

"What happens if you get hurt, or worse?"

Y/N groaned as she sat up trying to push away the thoughts. However the more she tried to not think about the more she thought about it. Finally it had weighed her down so much she had to let it out.

She quickly grabbed the notepad from the bedside table and began to scribble down her thoughts. By the time she was done, the note was almost 5 pages.

"I'm sorry Ian. I love you" She wrote just as there was a pounding on the door scaring her half to death.

"Time to go Miss L/N" Tembo said and she couldn't help but feel like it was some sort of death sentence.

The moment that she left the hotel to when they were in the air was a blur, however everything came into clarity as they towards the patch of green in the sea of blue. That's when she began to feel her heart beating so fast that she thought she might explode. That was when she started to wish she had just stayed home. Ian would be home tomorrow and she prayed that she would be there when he did.

With that thought she quickly turned to Brandon.

"Hey, I need you to do something for me?" She said and he stared back at her with the confused look he always had. She then reached into the pocket of her jacket pulling out the pieces of notebook paper handing them to Brandon. "If anything happens to me, I need you to give these to Ian ok."

"Y/N you don't actually think we are going to see dinosaurs do you?" He asked and she could hear a slight twinge of fear in his voice.

"Oh I know we are, it is just whether or not they see us that is the problem."

______________________________________________________________________________

Ian had gotten home earlier than he had intended to, the interview did not go well. He heard the same story he had heard from all the universities he had tried to apply. "I'm sorry I just don't think we have any room for someone with your, skills." He always scoffed when they said that, knowing perfectly well that they weren't worried about his skills, they were worried about having a crazy teacher preach about the dangers of the non-existent dinosaurs. Even with the disappointment though, he was excited to see Y/N again.

"Honey, I'm home." He said excitedly as he opened the door to there apartment, however he found it empty. "Y/N?" He called and when he found no answer he sighed sadly thinking she had gone out on an assignment.

He was proud of her, he was always proud of her, however this wasn't the life he had dreamed he would have with her.

Slowly he made his way to the bedroom walking past the phone however out of the corner of his eye he noticed that he had hundreds of messages.

"What the fuck?" He said as he began to play them.

"What was she doing there Ian! Why was she there! What did you tell her to do!" The first message started and he instantly could tell that it was from Y/N's mother. Panic set in as he quickly clicked to the next message and the next all of them asking if Y/N was ok if he had heard from her. Ian could barely breathe as he collapsed sitting next to the phone.

"Ian I'm so sorry, I told her not to do it, I told her it wasn't a good idea." This message was from Steven, Y/N's producer at the station. "Just whatever you do don't watch the tv."

With that Ian bolted to his feet searching for the remote throwing over furniture in order to find it.

"Where is it!" He screamed when suddenly his hands landed on something between the couch cushions. He ripped it out whipping around to face the tv as he pressed the power button.

The minute the screen turned on he saw her. But he wasn't looking at her instead he was looking at the broken down large brown doors behind her and the sign that read Jurassic Park.

"No, no, no, no, no!" He screamed as he collapsed again.

"I'm here at Jurassic Park to prove once and for all if the stories we have heard about this place are actually true." She said as she started to turn around when suddenly a hand grabbed her.

"Don't move." A deep british voice said that's when Ian noticed the pair of eyes that were behind Y/N hiding in a bush.

"Oh god." He gasped clutching onto the remote for dear life praying his dream was not going to unfold before his very eyes.

"Run." The voice said and suddenly the raptor charged at them and the camera dropped. Just before it blacked out however Ian heard Y/N scream.

"That was taken two days ago, when famed reporter Y/N L/N went missing. We spoke to her cameraman Brandon..." but the voices faded away as Ian felt as though he was dying. His leg felt as though it had been broken all over again. He was almost ready to curl up into a ball and sob when he heard a voice over the messages.

"I'm sorry Ian, I thought she would be protected." And he instantly recognized the voice John Hammond.

Before he knew it he was standing with the phone in hand calling John.

"Hello this is the Hammond residence may I ask who is calling."

"Yeah, this is Dr. Ian Malcolm. And if you don't put me through to John I will..." Ian growled.

"One moment." The voice quickly said and then there was a moment of silence.

"Ian." He heard the familiar voice say and then he exploded.

"How could you! Why did you let her go! I know she had to go to you first and you let her!"

"Listen Ian, we don't know what happen but there is a very capable group of people who are still on the island. I'm sure she is safe."

"If you want to leave your name on something fine, but stop putting it on other people's headstones!" Ian said tears in his eyes.

There was silence for a long while before Ian spoke again, this time his voice quiet.

"I'm going after her. I need a way to get there and I need some men and you are going to provide them for me."

"No, Ian the people she is with..."

"No matter who you sent, no one will be prepared." Suddenly an idea came to his head about who he needed, about who could help him find Y/N. It would just be a matter of convincing them that would be the issue. "Never mind I don't need men just get me a way to the island. I will be in Costa Rica tomorrow and I expect someone to be there for me John. And if.." His voice cracked. "If she dies, I swear to you I will make your life living hell, and I will not rest until Jurassic Park goes extinct, for good." Then he angrily hung up the phone.