Chapter 3

"I'm not arguing about this Steven, we are going and you are going to air the footage."

Y/N screamed into the phone as she argued with her producer.

"Y/N this is stupid and I don't want to waste..."

"I was suppose to go the first time, and I would have gone the first time if you hadn't made me cover that stupid basketball retirement story."

"Y/N we are not starting on this again."

"I have never been wrong about a story Steve not once, now you are just going to have to trust me on this."

"This is about Ian isn't it." Steve snapped back she then heard him take a breath before he spoke again quieter this time. "Listen I know that things have been rough lately and I know that the story we ran on him..."

"You destroyed him Steve. I asked you not to run that story, I begged you not to run it and you did it anyway, you made him look like he was fucking crazy. He's not crazy Steve and I'm going to prove it."

"And what if your wrong Y/N. What if you get there and there is nothing there, that it's all just a giant hoax."

"Then I get to show that John Hammond is a fake. Which may even be a bigger story than the dinosaurs."

"God, Y/N, if you get killed Ian will have my head."

Y/N chuckled. "I thought you didn't believe the stories Steven."

"You can take Brandon, but you are only have the weekend, I need you to be back Sunday night."

"Thank you Steve." She said as she started to hang up. "Oh and if you mention a word of this to Ian."

"I won't jesus Y/N, just be careful ok."

"I will." Y/N said as she hung up.

It didn't take long for Y/N to get packed and ready. The next thing she knew she was in the car with Brandon driving to the airport.

"Why are we doing this again, this is stupid, there isn't going to be anything there." He complained causing Y/N to roll her eyes.

"Brandon, we have an almost 8 hour flight ahead of us on top of a helicopter flight into the park I would rather not spend it wanting to kill you so how about you just shut up."

"Jesus someone's touchy."

It was an hour drive the airport and then almost an 8 and a half hour flight until they reached Costa Rica.

As they exited the found a bald man waiting for them, with Y/N's name written on a sign.

"I take it you're the man John sent to be my guide."

"Not exactly, see InGen seems to think..." The British man started.

"Oh InGen thinks," Y/N scoffed as she strolled past him Brandon trailing behind them. "Well I would like to give InGen a piece of what I think."

"Wow someone is a feisty little lady aren't you." The man said as he grabbed her arm halting her.

"Don't..." She started as she was about to rip her arm away from him but he quickly let go of her arm and grabbed her face instead.

"Wait a second I know you." He sneered. "You're Y/N L/N, you're Dr. Malcolm's girl aren't you."

Y/N ripped her face away from him.

"Touch me like that again I will grab that gun from your hosliter and give a totally new meaning to the phrase "cock it" is that understood." Y/N snapped as she stormed to the luggage retrieval.

The man stood for a moment slightly shocked and slightly impressed before he followed after her.

"We leave tomorrow, early. My team needs to finish up some..." Y/N froze and turned around looking at the man square in the eyes.

"Your team, what do you mean your team. I told John I only needed three people and those three people are here right now."

"You aren't the only one who has a job to do." He growled.

The two stared at each other for a moment when Brandon finally spoke up.

"Y/N, I think this is a good time to go to our hotel and rest up, we have had a long day and we don't want you looking tired for the camera tomorrow." Brandon tried his hardest, but it just came out wrong.

"God Brandon, what did I say about speaking." Y/N snapped before she sighed. "What is your name, by the way, I didn't catch it."

"Ronald Tembo." The British man said as they loaded into a car. Brandon sat in the front seat with the driver while Tembo and Y/N sat in the back.

"Alright well Tembo, I hope you are ready, for what you are about to see you tomorrow and I hope your team is ready, for what you are going to see."

"Oh we are ready Miss L/N, are you?"

"What do you mean?"

"I know Malcolm must have told you the stories, and from what I heard happened to him, they can't be good stories. Why are you doing this?"

"No one believes him, he's become a laughing stock, he can't get a job, everyone just knows him as the crazy dinosaur guy. And no one is helping him. No one who knows the truth is helping him. And your employers, InGen, they are just making everything worse. So I'm doing this to help him, to show everyone he isn't crazy."

"Have you ever thought about what might happen on the island? And what it would do to Dr. Malcolm if it did?"

Y/N froze for a moment, of course she had thought about it, of course she had feared that everything could go horribly horribly wrong just like it had when Ian went. But she also knew that she couldn't just sit back and watch as Ian got worse.

"We are going to the island, we are going to film some dinosaurs, and then we are going to come home. Everything is going to be fine."

"If you say so missy." Tembo said under his breath, and Y/N just tried to ignore it.

However, by the time they got to the hotel, her anxiety and her nerves were so bad she was shaking. "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea" she thought.

"Get your rest. Tomorrow is a big day." Tembo said in an almost menacing tone of voice and then he left.

"Wow that was..." Brandon started but Y/N just stormed right past him heading towards her room, knowing perfectly well she was not going to get any sleep that night.